Power SW/LED, HDD LED connectors on an old motherboard

Old November 10th 06, 06:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
syyes

Default Power SW/LED, HDD LED connectors on an old motherboard

I have an old motherboard of Intel 850 chip, running Pentium4. Now I am
moving it to a new case, which has individual connectors for Power
switch, power LED, harddrive LED, each has 2, 3, 2 pins respectively.

The old motherboard only has a single connector of about 8 pin with 1
single pin purposely missing, aka something like (1111_111). The
connector on the old case has a label of 'V-P4', and the motherboard
does not have any specific labels on them. Since I don't have a manual
and it is a Emachines motherboard from Liverpool, which I cannot google
anything useful from web,

so would anybody tell me typically how are those 7 pins correspond to
the power SW/LED, hdd LED connectors?

Thanks in advance.

Yang

Old November 10th 06, 07:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
jaster

On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 22:16:54 -0800, syyes thoughtfully wrote:

I have an old motherboard of Intel 850 chip, running Pentium4. Now I am
moving it to a new case, which has individual connectors for Power switch,
power LED, harddrive LED, each has 2, 3, 2 pins respectively.

The old motherboard only has a single connector of about 8 pin with 1
single pin purposely missing, aka something like (1111_111). The connector
on the old case has a label of 'V-P4', and the motherboard does not have
any specific labels on them. Since I don't have a manual and it is a
Emachines motherboard from Liverpool, which I cannot google anything
useful from web,

so would anybody tell me typically how are those 7 pins correspond to the
power SW/LED, hdd LED connectors?

Thanks in advance.

Yang

I can not but you should look very carefully on the motherboard because
most vendors print a pin layout somewhere on the board or on the original
case.

The old e-machines were assembled from standard components so post the
motherboard product id or serial numbers and vendor. Worse case the
product id of the original Emachine.
Old November 10th 06, 11:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave

I can not but you should look very carefully on the motherboard because
most vendors print a pin layout somewhere on the board or on the original
case.

The old e-machines were assembled from standard components so post the
motherboard product id or serial numbers and vendor. Worse case the
product id of the original Emachine.

Yes, most motherboards have (hard to read, microscopic print) abbreviations
of pin functions printed on the mainboard. For power switch, it might be
labelled "pwr" or "pwr_sw" or something like that. The LED connectors don't
really need to be connected. BUT, they should also be labelled,
lso. -Dave

Old November 10th 06, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
syyes

This is micro board, so there is no layout on the board. There is a
very schematic diagram on the old case only showing where the IDE, PCI
slots etc. are.

This is a EMachines T4130, motherboard from Liverpool 307130. SN 30008
586 00510

Old November 10th 06, 03:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
syyes

Yes, some of them do have, but others don't. They only have a label
such as CN84, probably stands for connector number 84.

Yang

Old November 10th 06, 05:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
jaster

jaster wrote:

I can not but you should look very carefully on the motherboard because
most vendors print a pin layout somewhere on the board or on the
original case.

The old e-machines were assembled from standard components so post the
motherboard product id or serial numbers and vendor. Worse case the
product id of the original Emachine.

Well, I could find a small photo of the board and that it is/was a very
expensive motherboard.

Maybe you could trace the wires in the original case back to the switches.
IMO you only need to connect reset and power because the rest are onboard
components.

Old November 10th 06, 10:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
jaster

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:44:35 -0800, chen.chen.sy thoughtfully wrote:

Would you please tell me where you find it? Thanks.

Yang

Assume you mean the tiny little picture?

Google - Liverpool System motherBoard

or

- Liverpool 307130

Bunch of sellors like

http://www.partstore.com/sl/parts.pl...0&yaindex=true

Old November 10th 06, 10:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
jaster

jaster wrote:

I can not but you should look very carefully on the motherboard because
most vendors print a pin layout somewhere on the board or on the
original case.

The old e-machines were assembled from standard components so post the
motherboard product id or serial numbers and vendor. Worse case the
product id of the original Emachine.

I think I've found something for you.

http://www.emachine-upgraders.info/d...iverpool.shtml

http://www.emachine-upgraders.info/d...n_amcase.shtml

Old November 11th 06, 05:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Buckeye SYCC

Thank you so much. It is amazing that you can find such a website.
The second link gives me some idea of how to do it. Even though the
manuals on the
http://www.emachine-upgraders.info/
do not include Liverpool models, it is apparent that the manufacturer,
Trigem, uses similar connectors for the front panel connectors. The
exact pin to pin mapping is different from model to model, but I think
the cable colors stand for the same function. Here is something that I
summarize after reading couple of motherboard manuals along the line:
Pins: 12345678 or 123456789
Power switch: Blue/Yellow
Power LED: Green/White
HDD LED: Red/Blank

So I find connectors by reading cable colors of the old case. Now my
power switch and power led are working, HDD led still does not work
even after I switch the polarities. But anyway, it is already beyond my
acceptance.

Thank jaster again for the help.

Yang