Post Code Error

Old May 8th 06, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default Post Code Error

On Thu, 04 May 2006 21:10:53 +0100, Sarge® wrote:

Hey All, I just purchaced a non working GA-7N400 Pro 2 MB from ebay. I
installed known working components after clearing the BIOS and
removing the battery overnight and booted with a PCI Post Mortem card
in the bottom PCI slot. It comes up with the error code of F5 which I
have researched to mean "Clear Huge Segment". Any one know what this
means and how to remeady it.

Sarge®
Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
PGP Key 0x59DDC455

Don't think that's an error code, it's an in-progress code for Clear Huge
Segment, which occurs at every POST (got no idea though what it does -
let's say it clears the huge segment, shall we?). If the board can't go
past this the issue might be with what was supposed to follow this step.
What happens if you boot without a PM card?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0619-0, 08/05/2006
Tested on: 08/05/2006 23:25:40