Does ATI have Dx10 hardware yet?

Old May 9th 06, 01:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default Does ATI have Dx10 hardware yet?

Does ATi have a Direct3D 10 GPU yet? I know Nvidia does but I will never
buy their products.

Im just planning for my next GPU purchase and Im a little behind the times.

Looking forwards to Vista the next Cryengine game etc.

Appreciate any info on this.

Old May 9th 06, 01:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Gonzo" wrote in message
Does ATi have a Direct3D 10 GPU yet? I know Nvidia does but I will never
buy their products.

Im just planning for my next GPU purchase and Im a little behind the
times.

Looking forwards to Vista the next Cryengine game etc.

Appreciate any info on this.

You are misinformed. Since DX10 has not been released, and even the
standard has not been set yet, no one is making any DX10 cards yet. No
manufacturers make a DX10 card yet.

Bobby

Old May 9th 06, 02:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote in message

"Gonzo" wrote in message
Does ATi have a Direct3D 10 GPU yet? I know Nvidia does but I will never
buy their products.

Im just planning for my next GPU purchase and Im a little behind the
times.

Looking forwards to Vista the next Cryengine game etc.

Appreciate any info on this.

You are misinformed. Since DX10 has not been released, and even the
standard has not been set yet, no one is making any DX10 cards yet. No
manufacturers make a DX10 card yet.

Bobby

OK, thought I read something about an x80 GPU card from Nvidia.

Anyway it's nice to see all three (ATi, Nvidia and S3) GPU makers working on
a DX10 GPU.
They must know something about the specs if they are advertising R&D for
DX10 right?

Would really like to see near photo realistic FPS games in my lifetime.

Looks like we are getting pretty close to it.

Old May 9th 06, 03:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Gonzo" wrote in message ...
Does ATi have a Direct3D 10 GPU yet? I know Nvidia does but I will never buy their products.

Im just planning for my next GPU purchase and Im a little behind the times.

Looking forwards to Vista the next Cryengine game etc.

Appreciate any info on this.

This might be of interest.
http://www.ati.com/developer/gdc/200...10_and_DX9.pdf

Old May 11th 06, 02:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Would really like to see near photo realistic FPS games in my lifetime.

FFXI might be a game for you.

http://www.smokeypoint.com/ffxionline/traod.html
http://www.smokeypoint.org/ffxionlin...ibb/Jueno.html

ATI's fast and forever !!
http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

** no fate **

dracman
Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old May 11th 06, 05:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Gonzo" wrote in message

Would really like to see near photo realistic FPS games in my lifetime.
Looks like we are getting pretty close to it.

Supposedly, realism will be vastly improved
as a consequence of the upcoming shift
of physics calculations from the CPU to the GPU.

Old May 11th 06, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Hugh Candlin" wrote in message

"Gonzo" wrote in message

Would really like to see near photo realistic FPS games in my lifetime.
Looks like we are getting pretty close to it.

Supposedly, realism will be vastly improved
as a consequence of the upcoming shift
of physics calculations from the CPU to the GPU.

Yeah , that's basically what that article was pointing towards.

Why do I get the feeling that the first DX10 cards will have game bundles
like Crysis or other DX10 games like back in the day when Rendition Verite
cards came with a game and the 3Dfx cards came with Unreal etc.

Old May 12th 06, 11:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Dr. Richard Cranium" wrote in message . ..
Would really like to see near photo realistic FPS games in my lifetime.

FFXI might be a game for you.

http://www.smokeypoint.com/ffxionline/traod.html
http://www.smokeypoint.org/ffxionlin...ibb/Jueno.html

Maybe i'm missing something here (not into games) but those links point to some nice cartoon graphics. That's about as far from
"photo realistic" as it gets.

Old May 12th 06, 05:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Danny G." wrote in message
om...

"Dr. Richard Cranium" wrote in message
. ..
Would really like to see near photo realistic FPS games in my
lifetime.

FFXI might be a game for you.

http://www.smokeypoint.com/ffxionline/traod.html
http://www.smokeypoint.org/ffxionlin...ibb/Jueno.html

Maybe i'm missing something here (not into games) but those links point to
some nice cartoon graphics. That's about as far from "photo realistic" as
it gets.

Yeah, I would have to agree there. They look like a last generation 3D
game.

What I see as near photo realistic is this new WWII FPS:

http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096484738/

When I saw the pictures at first I thought it was a photo. Very impressive.
Downside to unreleased games is that you can never tell if they are the
actual in-game shots or doctored. These appear to be the real deal though.

This is Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. And Im not sure but I think it is
a DX9 game?

Currently the nicest 3D game I have is still Far Cry. Still can't get over
how nice the islands and the ocean looks in this game. It raised the bar
IMHO.