Gateway MX6625

Old May 19th 09, 12:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
garcia1615

Default Gateway MX6625

My laptop crashed so i used my recovery disk and got it up and running
again but now it does not recognize blank DVDs as DVDs it thinks they
are CDs and it wont let me burn anything on to them because of this i
looked on the the recovery disk itself to see if there was any drivers
that didnt make it onto my laptop but this was not the case so then i
went to the gateway website and looked there and with no luck if any one
could help me out i would be forever greatful

Gateway MX6625
Windows XP Home SP3

Old May 19th 09, 01:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

In ,
garcia1615 typed on Mon, 18 May 2009 18:04:47 -0500:
My laptop crashed so i used my recovery disk and got it up and running
again but now it does not recognize blank DVDs as DVDs it thinks they
are CDs and it wont let me burn anything on to them because of this i
looked on the the recovery disk itself to see if there was any drivers
that didnt make it onto my laptop but this was not the case so then i
went to the gateway website and looked there and with no luck if any
one could help me out i would be forever greatful

Gateway MX6625
Windows XP Home SP3

Did your laptop come with Nero to burn DVDs? Does Nero see it as a DVD
burner? Under Device Manager, what drivers is it using? Like mine is
using the following:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\storprop.dll

These are stock generic Microsoft CD/DVD drivers. Most systems I see
uses them.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2