Mouse wakes computer from deep sleep?

Old July 4th 14, 02:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
John Doe[_9_]

Default Mouse wakes computer from deep sleep?

In an earlier thread, someone said you should stop the mouse from
waking the computer. I thought that was a great solution.
Unfortunately, using Windows 81, the mouse just woke the computer
from deep sleep anyway. I immediately checked the mouse setting
"Allow this device to wake the computer" and it was in fact
unchecked. So how do you accomplish that?

Control Panel Mouse Hardware Properties Change Settings
Power Management... didn't work. Does that work for anybody else?
Old July 4th 14, 02:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Alias[_6_]

John Doe wrote:
In an earlier thread, someone said you should stop the mouse from
waking the computer. I thought that was a great solution.
Unfortunately, using Windows 81, the mouse just woke the computer
from deep sleep anyway. I immediately checked the mouse setting
"Allow this device to wake the computer" and it was in fact
unchecked. So how do you accomplish that?

Control Panel Mouse Hardware Properties Change Settings
Power Management... didn't work. Does that work for anybody else?

Turn the mouse upside down.

--
Alias
Old July 4th 14, 02:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
John Doe[_9_]

Alias aka maskedandanonymous.commmm wrote:

John Doe wrote:

In an earlier thread, someone said you should stop the mouse from
waking the computer. I thought that was a great solution.
Unfortunately, using Windows 81, the mouse just woke the computer
from deep sleep anyway. I immediately checked the mouse setting
"Allow this device to wake the computer" and it was in fact
unchecked. So how do you accomplish that?

Control Panel Mouse Hardware Properties Change Settings
Power Management... didn't work. Does that work for anybody else?

Turn the mouse upside down.

But then I'd have to wear tinfoil glasses.
Old July 4th 14, 02:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
John Doe[_9_]

I just double checked. There are two identical settings under Mouse
Properties Hardware. Now the other setting is unchecked. That one
is the obvious lead. Assume the problem is solved unless I post
again.

Old July 4th 14, 02:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Grinder

John Doe wrote:

In an earlier thread, someone said you should stop the mouse from
waking the computer. I thought that was a great solution.
Unfortunately, using Windows 81, the mouse just woke the computer
from deep sleep anyway. I immediately checked the mouse setting
"Allow this device to wake the computer" and it was in fact
unchecked. So how do you accomplish that?

Control Panel Mouse Hardware Properties Change Settings
Power Management... didn't work. Does that work for anybody else?

Turn the mouse upside down.

But then I'd have to wear tinfoil glasses.

Can't you just pull the edge of your cap down?

Old July 4th 14, 02:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Keith Nuttle

John Doe wrote:

In an earlier thread, someone said you should stop the mouse from
waking the computer. I thought that was a great solution.
Unfortunately, using Windows 81, the mouse just woke the computer
from deep sleep anyway. I immediately checked the mouse setting
"Allow this device to wake the computer" and it was in fact
unchecked. So how do you accomplish that?

Control Panel Mouse Hardware Properties Change Settings
Power Management... didn't work. Does that work for anybody else?

Turn the mouse upside down.

But then I'd have to wear tinfoil glasses.

What do you mean from a "Deep Sleep". As far as I know there is a
Sleep Mode (aright click on the desktop MS Icon, shut down & sign out.
Sleep) and Hibernate.

If you turn off the computer. (right click on the desktop MS Icon, shut
down & sign out. Shut down ) the mouse will not wake the computer.
Old July 4th 14, 04:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 04/07/2014 9:12 AM, John Doe wrote:
In an earlier thread, someone said you should stop the mouse from
waking the computer. I thought that was a great solution.
Unfortunately, using Windows 81, the mouse just woke the computer
from deep sleep anyway. I immediately checked the mouse setting
"Allow this device to wake the computer" and it was in fact
unchecked. So how do you accomplish that?

Control Panel Mouse Hardware Properties Change Settings
Power Management... didn't work. Does that work for anybody else?

See if you have more than one mouse listed in the control panel.

Yousuf Khan

Old July 5th 14, 12:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8,free.usenet,free.spirit
John Doe[_9_]

regular troll...

Old July 5th 14, 12:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8,free.usenet,free.spirit
John Doe[_9_]

This is entirely unnecessary, see my follow-up...