Dell Powervault Error (?) message

Old June 29th 04, 06:26 AM
kony

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:43:05 +0100, "Peter Hucker"
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:31:28 -0500, chrisv wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote:

Can't see one on the site, but I'll give them a ring on monday. Thanks.

Either of you stupid top posters ever consider trimming?

Ever considered getting a monitor big enough?

And I ain't a top poster, I'm a "same as the last method" poster, it creates less mess.

Ever consider thinking before you post?

I am 100% sure your monitor isn't big enough to hold all the
followups for many posts if they'd not been trimmed.
Old June 29th 04, 06:37 AM
Peter Hucker

"Peter Hucker" wrote:

Can't see one on the site, but I'll give them a ring on monday. Thanks.

Either of you stupid top posters ever consider trimming?

Ever considered getting a monitor big enough?

And I ain't a top poster, I'm a "same as the last method" poster, it creates less mess.

Ever consider thinking before you post?

I am 100% sure your monitor isn't big enough to hold all the
followups for many posts if they'd not been trimmed.

I can see this much

,

..

..
..

..

..
..

..

..

..

..

..
..
..

..
..

..

..

..

..

..
..

..

..
To here.

--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com

Wedding rings: the world's smallest handcuffs.
Old June 29th 04, 01:48 PM
chrisv

"Peter Hucker" wrote:

I can see this much

Idiot. The point is, crap like what you left (an abbreviated sample
is below) is garbage and should be trimmed. No one *wants* to see it.

Yes, CT is for Cleaning Tape. But Google could have told you
that.

I spent 20 minutes trying to find it on google. CT is too small

be
any use - the closest I got was a load of tape drivs with CT in

the
name.

Click and learn, grasshopper
http://www.google.com/search?q=Dell%...lt%20120T%20ct

Well I tried all sorts of combinations, I guess you were lucky. CT

is
the
model of a drive.

Most stuff is easy to find, it's the odd thing google just gives
complete
irrelevant tripe.

By the way, do you know if it's ok for the actual drive to make
weird
noises (like the motor is pushing against the end of a track, but
not
crunching or slipping) while it is calibrating? There is no

error
message as such. It sounds like an inkjet printer if the heads

get
jammed on a bit of paper, or it thinks they are somewhere they
aren't,
and runs them into the end.

Some tape drives are pretty noisy.
If you are concerned, maybe try the diagnostics:

http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/stor...ug/trouble.htm

Now how the hell did you find that? I went all over dell's site,

and
couldn't find anything except a couple of little diagrams and some
specs.
I'd love a manual for it, and software if required for the loader?

I'm
assuming the tape drive is a tape drive, but the loader will need
special
software? Looks like I have to pay Dell? I even tried phoning them
wanting
to buy a manual and software, but I got cut off! Cheapy phone

systems
like
BT use. Get transferred to thin air. Although from the diagnostics
page
you produced, it looks like I can put it into sequential mode, and it
would
just use all 7 (or 6 if I use the autoclean thing) tapes

automatically
as
they fill up.

--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com

It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to

the
wall.

etc, etc.

Old June 29th 04, 01:52 PM
chrisv

chrisv wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote:

Can't see one on the site, but I'll give them a ring on monday. Thanks.

Either of you stupid top posters ever consider trimming?

Ever considered getting a monitor big enough?

That's not the problem.

Yes it is. Look fine from here. If it falls of YOUR screen, YOU trim it.

Idiot. No, it's not. It's you posting 200 lines of garbage for your
one or two lines of comment. The fact that it "falls off my screen"
or not is irrelevant.

And I ain't a top poster, I'm a "same as the last method" poster, it
creates less mess.

Interesting that you claim to be concerned about mess,

WHAT? I have 13 parrots and am quite used to mess.

but won't trim you posts of mangled and redundant crap.

I do trim.

When? If you don't bother deleting garbage like you left in this
thread, you're obviously not too concerned about trimming.

Opera has been set to auto trim at level 5 quote.

From your post:

Some tape drives are pretty noisy.
If you are concerned, maybe try the diagnostics:

Looks like more than 5 to me.

And if things fall off the end of my screen, I manually snip older stuff.

Typical lazy idiot.

Old June 29th 04, 04:17 PM
Peter Hucker

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:48:40 -0500, chrisv wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote:

I can see this much

Idiot. The point is, crap like what you left (an abbreviated sample
is below) is garbage and should be trimmed. No one *wants* to see it.

The 2 points a

1) Don't trim EVERY time, every 3rd time will suffice, nd cuts the effort in three.
2) Say two people are having a conversation, even if one of them never snips, the text won't get too big, as the other one will, so you can't blame me.

[...]

Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?
Old June 29th 04, 05:15 PM
chrisv

"Peter Hucker" wrote:

I can see this much

Idiot. The point is, crap like what you left (an abbreviated sample
is below) is garbage and should be trimmed. No one *wants* to see it.

The 2 points a

1) Don't trim EVERY time, every 3rd time will suffice, nd cuts the effort in three.
2) Say two people are having a conversation, even if one of them never snips, the text won't get too big, as the other one will, so you can't blame me.

You're not too bright, are you? Your "plan" obviously didn't work to
keep the "text size" from getting "too big". You chose to post a
184-line bunch of garbage where one line would have sufficed. So,
yes, I can, and will, blame you. Take responsibility for your
actions.

P.S. Fix your line length.

Old June 29th 04, 05:46 PM
Peter Hucker

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:52:33 -0500, chrisv wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 00:45:09 GMT, chrisv wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:43:05 +0100, Peter Hucker wrote:

chrisv wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote:

snip

Either of you stupid top posters ever consider trimming?

Ever considered getting a monitor big enough?

That's not the problem.

Yes it is. Look fine from here. If it falls of YOUR screen, YOU trim it.

Idiot.

Every time you prefix your sentences with that, you just make yourself look more and more childish.

No, it's not. It's you posting 200 lines of garbage for your
one or two lines of comment. The fact that it "falls off my screen"
or not is irrelevant.

What's the problem? If it's a top post, the garbage is not visible. If it's a bottom post, you spin the mouse wheel, and when you reply, snip half of it off.

Stop being such a sad loser and try going to the pub or something instead of whining about the stupidest most trivial thing there is. I expect for your next trick you will stop someone in the street for having a brake light that is giving out 20 watts instead of 21 watts.

And I ain't a top poster, I'm a "same as the last method" poster, it
creates less mess.

Interesting that you claim to be concerned about mess,

WHAT? I have 13 parrots and am quite used to mess.

but won't trim you posts of mangled and redundant crap.

I do trim.

When? If you don't bother deleting garbage like you left in this
thread, you're obviously not too concerned about trimming.

I trim when there is too much garbage for ME. What are the chances of my garbage trigger level being identical to yours? Second to none.

Opera has been set to auto trim at level 5 quote.

From your post:

Some tape drives are pretty noisy.
If you are concerned, maybe try the diagnostics:

Looks like more than 5 to me.

It doesn't walways work if there are mixed encoding formats. Speak to the programmers.

And if things fall off the end of my screen, I manually snip older stuff.

Typical lazy idiot.

It's usenet you fool, a chat medium, not to be taken seriously. We ain't writing novels.

--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
Served from a watercooled dual 3.2GHz silent Athlon with 512GB of watercooled Raid.

The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight, and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
Old June 29th 04, 06:25 PM
Peter Hucker

"Peter Hucker" wrote:

I can see this much

Idiot. The point is, crap like what you left (an abbreviated sample
is below) is garbage and should be trimmed. No one *wants* to see it.

The 2 points a

1) Don't trim EVERY time, every 3rd time will suffice, nd cuts the effort in three.
2) Say two people are having a conversation, even if one of them never snips, the text won't get too big, as the other one will, so you can't blame me.

You're not too bright, are you? Your "plan" obviously didn't work to
keep the "text size" from getting "too big". You chose to post a
184-line bunch of garbage where one line would have sufficed.

I did not CHOOSE to post 184 lines. I just didn't snip as there wasn't anything getting in the way.

So, yes, I can, and will, blame you. Take responsibility for your
actions.

"Repsonsibility for your actions"? Grow up, it's a usenet message, not a world war.

P.S. Fix your line length.

P.S. Get a borwser such as Oper or Mozilla that supports "format=flowed". http://www.joeclark.org/ffaq.html

--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
Served from a watercooled dual 3.2GHz silent Athlon with 512GB of watercooled Raid.

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, 1949
Old June 30th 04, 01:15 AM
chrisv

Old June 30th 04, 01:42 AM
Peter Hucker

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:15:37 GMT, chrisv wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:25:24 +0100, Peter Hucker wrote:

I did not CHOOSE to post 184 lines. I just didn't snip as there wasn't anything getting in the way.

Idiot.

They're in YOUR, way, YOU snip them. I can't predict what other people want.

You're ray's brother aren't you?

--
13 parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
1259 digital photos http://www.petersphotos.com
Served from a watercooled dual 3.2GHz silent Athlon with 512GB of watercooled Raid.

My younger sister was having one of her first gynecological appointments and she had some questions for the doctor.
"Doctor" she asked, "I can't ask my parents, They would kill me but my boyfriend wants to have anal sex. I don't know what to tell him, I mean I don't know anything about it. Can I get pregnant?"
The kindly old doctor smiled whimsically and replied "Of course, you can my dear. Where do you think lawyers come from?"

Dell Hardware Swap/Add Capability? WillW General 41 June 30th 04 04:13 PM
P2 400 MHz, Dell Optiplex - question(s) Big Mac General 3 May 23rd 04 05:57 AM
Dell PC.. Claus Christensen General 2 July 28th 03 03:32 AM
Power problems on Dell thing Zilog Jones General 8 July 23rd 03 06:16 PM
New HD in Dell Dimension 4300? Leif K-Brooks General 2 July 3rd 03 05:23 AM