HELP: Athlon Thunderbird 1400+ settings....(?????)

Old March 12th 05, 01:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Nope

Default Athlon Thunderbird 1400+ settings....(?????)

ABIT KG7 and I understand a lot :-)
However, it doesn't really matter because I've found that it's stable at
50°C @1333 Mhz (133 x 10) and 56 °C working.....
In other I've recently changed my graphic card (I've changed a GeForce2
MX400 for an ATI Radeon 9200) and CPU temperature had decreased a lot....I
know, CPU temp isn't strictly related with GPU temp....but in a closed case
a hot card increase the temperature inside it and keeping it cold is more
difficult....
however......
nevermind......

Thanks.

"Wes Newell" ha scritto nel messaggio
newsan.2005.03.07.00.16.17.293629@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:55:58 +0100, Ippus wrote:

"Bill" ha scritto nel messaggio
In article ,
"dawg" don't says...
1400's actualy ran at 1.4ghz. 133 x 10.5

I seem to remember the "B" model ran at 14x100. The "C" ran at 10.5
x133.

How Could I discover which model I'm using?
Is it strictly necessary to remove the fan?

Depends on which Mb you have and how much you understand, otherwise, yes.

My server
http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php

Old March 12th 05, 03:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
chuck

"Nope" wrote in message
ABIT KG7 and I understand a lot :-)
However, it doesn't really matter because I've found that it's stable at
50°C @1333 Mhz (133 x 10) and 56 °C working.....
In other I've recently changed my graphic card (I've changed a GeForce2
MX400 for an ATI Radeon 9200) and CPU temperature had decreased a lot....I
know, CPU temp isn't strictly related with GPU temp....but in a closed
case a hot card increase the temperature inside it and keeping it cold is
more difficult....
however......
nevermind......

Thanks.

if you can run at 10*133 you should be able to run at 10.5*133 which is the
correct setting for an athlon 1400 thunderbird. as for keeping you case
cooler I have a couple suggestions. First make sure you have at least 1
exhaust fan in back of the computer .. other than the one on the
powersupply. Second a front intake fan of the same size, as the exhaust fan.
third concider getting a slot fan to cool your video card. I suggest the
Vantec Slot Fan, it's different than standard ones in that insteas of a
blower type that moves very little air (15 cfm) out the back of the
computer, it has two 70 mm fans that move 45 cfm of air and circulates the
air inside the case, eliminating the problem of hot air building up in one
part of the case.