Release date of AMD cpus

Old April 14th 04, 10:18 PM
Yoyoma_2

Default Release date of AMD cpus

Dave wrote:
Is there a chart which shows approximately when the different
models of Duron and Athlon processors were released?

I can't find anything like this on the AMD site.

Umm yeah its on the site under the specific CPU.
under Product information, on the left there is "Processor Roadmap"

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...18_608,00.html
Old April 15th 04, 01:52 AM
philo

"Yoyoma_2" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
Is there a chart which shows approximately when the different
models of Duron and Athlon processors were released?

I can't find anything like this on the AMD site.

Umm yeah its on the site under the specific CPU.
under Product information, on the left there is "Processor Roadmap"

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...18_608,00.html

I have an amd 386-40

didn;t see it on that chart g

Old April 15th 04, 08:51 AM
philo

"||| - -\/- |||||||" wayto@go wrote in message
"philo" wrote:

I have an amd 386-40

didn;t see it on that chart g

This isn't written by you is it?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C17115708

no...
i am rather a computer newbie...(started with a p1 in late 1999)

the 386-40 is a rather newer addition to my antique software collection.
it has 16 megs of ram and runs win95 quite well.
believe it or not...by pulling a few tricks...i put it on a 40meg harddrive!

btw: most of my machines are AMD based
not knocking Intel at all...simply use AMD because they work quite well
and cost less.

btw: one comment i always get about AMD is that they run hotter than
Intel...
that's true but of course it does not mean there's anything bad about it...

i;ve had a couple of cpu cooling fans go during the past few years...
and though the cpu got too hot too touch...did not fail!

philo

Old April 18th 04, 11:46 PM
wm

btw: one comment i always get about AMD is that they run hotter than
Intel...
that's true but of course it does not mean there's anything bad about it...

....where did you hear that?

~wm
Old April 19th 04, 02:04 AM
kony

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 02:51:11 -0500, "philo" wrote:

no...
i am rather a computer newbie...(started with a p1 in late 1999)

the 386-40 is a rather newer addition to my antique software collection.
it has 16 megs of ram and runs win95 quite well.
believe it or not...by pulling a few tricks...i put it on a 40meg harddrive!

btw: most of my machines are AMD based
not knocking Intel at all...simply use AMD because they work quite well
and cost less.

btw: one comment i always get about AMD is that they run hotter than
Intel...
that's true but of course it does not mean there's anything bad about it...

i;ve had a couple of cpu cooling fans go during the past few years...
and though the cpu got too hot too touch...did not fail!

philo

It's not necessarily true that AMD CPUs run hotter.

The Athlon XP will idle hotter if the motherboard's BIOS disables the
bus-disconnect (or doesn't enable it, whichever way you like to look at
it) but if that is enabled the idle temp is quite lower, within reasonable
distance of a P4, though perhaps still a little hotter.

However, at full load the high-end P4 chips run hotter than Athlon XP,
including Northwood and even moreso Prescott.

Then if we consider Athlon 64, the P4 is MUCH hotter at full load and
closer, but perhaps a bit hotter at idle.

Keep in mind these are "moving targets" since each 'sink could be retail
or other and that top speed per core could be compared or equivalent
performance overall or any combination of factors. I only meant to
provide a rough estimate.

Are Amd going to release any more 45w,35w mobile cpus ? Paul Mathews Overclocking AMD Processors 1 June 21st 04 04:14 PM
Pentium 3.6 release date agh General 0 June 11th 04 02:05 PM
Release date of AMD cpus Yoyoma_2 General 11 April 19th 04 02:04 AM
Release date of AMD cpus Yoyoma_2 Overclocking AMD Processors 4 April 19th 04 02:04 AM
Release date of AMD cpus Robert Bindler Overclocking AMD Processors 5 April 15th 04 05:56 PM