Amd 6000+ cpu. Which motherboard for Win7 compatible

Old April 15th 15, 11:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
freejazz

Default Amd 6000+ cpu. Which motherboard for Win7 compatible

As in subject i'm searching a motherboard compatible with Amd
6000+ processor for Win 7 installation.
Now this cpu is installed on AsRock Am2nf6g vsta motherboard but
you cannot install Win 7 O.S. because you get Bsod just
installation finishes.
Which other motherboard can I use using the same ram as well?
--
'Za Fo'!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old April 16th 15, 12:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Freejazz wrote:
As in subject i'm searching a motherboard compatible with Amd
6000+ processor for Win 7 installation.
Now this cpu is installed on AsRock Am2nf6g vsta motherboard but
you cannot install Win 7 O.S. because you get Bsod just
installation finishes.
Which other motherboard can I use using the same ram as well?

So you change the BIOS setting of the SATA ports
and try again.

The BSOD has a STOP code. Write down that code and look it up.

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Your error is "7B Inaccessible boot volume".

The boot volume is inaccessible, because the
built-in driver is not working for some reason.

Try setting the SATA ports to IDE in the BIOS,
and try booting. It's also possible you were
previously using RAID, RAID metadata is left on
the disk, and the installation is confused and
thinks the setup uses RAID.

Now, whether you have a full set of drivers for that
motherboard and Windows 7, is another matter. If the board
was around in the Vista era, the chances are it does
have drivers. If the board pre-dates Vista, then
driver support could be poor.

*******

As far as finding a motherboard at retail, you might
be around two years out of date. Maybe Ebay will have
something.

Paul
Old April 16th 15, 12:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
freejazz

Paul ha scritto:

Thank you, Paul!!

So you change the BIOS setting of the SATA ports
and try again.

The pc is not mine. But next friday i will try...

The BSOD has a STOP code. Write down that code and look it up.

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Your error is "7B Inaccessible boot volume".

The bsod is following:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7365479cww...14152.jpg?dl=0

The boot volume is inaccessible, because the
built-in driver is not working for some reason.

Try setting the SATA ports to IDE in the BIOS,
and try booting. It's also possible you were
previously using RAID, RAID metadata is left on
the disk, and the installation is confused and
thinks the setup uses RAID.

[Cut]

*******

As far as finding a motherboard at retail, you might
be around two years out of date. Maybe Ebay will have
something.

I have found a AsRock (K10N78) with Win7 certified motherboard (
The cost is about 70Eur but if i can use my old motherboard would
be better..:-)

--
'Za Fo'!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old April 16th 15, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Freejazz wrote:
Paul ha scritto:

Thank you, Paul!!
[...]

Congratulations. A STOP code not on the unofficial list of stop codes :-)

They made a thread here for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...oubleshtg.html

Now, what is interesting in that thread, is one individual feels
he's seen this on both AMD and Intel processors. And that tells you
the OS is contributing to this problem, as well as hardware.
It's unlikely that both company have made a mistake in their
interrupt routing logic. This smells like a Microsoft problem.

While you could certainly consider the "theme" of their thread,
I'm more interested in how the hardware could possibly be
contributing to this.

Some people have tried returning their CPU under warranty, to
fix it. I'm sure that pleases the support staff at
AMD and Intel to no end.

On multiple core processors, there is an IOAPIC, and the capability
exists to "steer" interrupts. There is a crude timer, probably
more than a 20 year old design, which is emulated in chipsets, and
it is used for things like clock tick interrupts. It's possible
the hardware is configured at some point, to steer that regularly
occurring interrupt to a certain core. (This can even be changed
on-the-fly, and that aspect of it, could be indeed how the
interrupt is getting lost. Maybe the clock tick interrupt
is asserted at the same instant as the IOAPIC is changed.)

If IOAPIC is disabled, then one core ends up handling all the
interrupts. Steering is effectively disabled.

Now, to screw up that option, one analysis of a bugcheck
and memory.dmp showed that Core 0 actually missed the
clock tick interrupt. So even if IOAPIC was disabled,
on that particular CPU/motherboard combo, it might not have
helped. That result tells me, that disabling IOAPIC and
steering all interrupts to Core 0, doesn't seem to help.

The Am2nf6g-VSTA in question is a bit weird. The documentation
is dated 2006 and the BIOS trumpets "ACPI 1.1 support". I
have a motherboard from 2003 with ACPI 2.0 support. I don't
understand why Asrock was in a celebratory mood when they
wrote that. As they're behind the time. And that just might
possibly be contributing to the problem. And the way that
BIOS updates work, baseline features like that are *NEVER*
changed on BIOS updates. If the BIOS started with a
crusty ancient code, it stays that way. BIOS fixes involve
things like adding new CPU microcode patch files, or getting
the BIOS to recognize CPUs with new family codes. They would
not add ACPI 2.0 support on a whim.

I downloaded the manual, and you have a basic CPU voltage
setting. You could try adjusting that. There is no
"Plug and Play OS" [No] to set. There is no IOAPCI
standard setting to play with.

There is a "Dual Core Support" [Enabled/disabled] setting,
but I would want a backup of the OS partition if fooling with that.
If the system was healthy, you could use something like HALu
to change the HAL as a function of that Dual Core Support
setting. Such a setting may or may not include disabling
IOAPIC.

Enabling Watchdog hardware on CPUs is always dangerous.
And now you can see why. On the one hand, a watchdog
detects hardware issues (or software bugs). But if the
user has perfectly usable hardware, and it keeps BSODing
because of this stupid feature, that user would be
justifiably outraged. I used to sit in front of a piece
of hardware at work that had Watchdog enabled, and it used
to spray error messages on the screen continuously. And I was
expected to type commands into that hardware, and ignore
the constant scrolling down the screen, caused by the
Watchdog being enabled. There were some days, I could
have taken a hammer to that piece of hardware. But, they
were paying me, so I had to put up with it :-(

Another thing. That motherboard has several "Spread Spectrum"
settings. Try disabling those. In an attempt to see
if running the thing plesiochronous helps. The idea
is, the various parts of the system are locked to
canonical clock values, and only have phase differences,
and possibly randomly occurring conditions (like this
one) will behave differently as a result of changing
the setting. The purpose of enabling Spread Spectrum
is to beat FCC Part 15 compliance, so you can disable
it without affecting hardware operation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plesiochronous_system

Paul
Old April 17th 15, 12:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Grinder

I'm unsure of what CPU you have, but I'm guessing is a socket AM2?

Consider this board:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68C...Specifications

* It explicitly lists a couple of Athlon 64 X2 CPUs (ADV6000IAA5DO and
ADV6000IAA5DO) as explicitly compatible. I how your CPU is 95W.

* It has a couple of DDR2 slots, so it might not be able to utilize all
of your RAM if you have all 4 slots filled on the AM2NF6G-VSTA

* It is OS compliant for all Windows from XP to 8.

And, you can buy it a newegg:

ASRock N68C-GS4 FX $50

Old April 17th 15, 01:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
freejazz

Grinder ha scritto:
I'm unsure of what CPU you have, but I'm guessing is a socket AM2?

Consider this board:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68C...Specifications

* It explicitly lists a couple of Athlon 64 X2 CPUs (ADV6000IAA5DO and
ADV6000IAA5DO) as explicitly compatible. I how your CPU is 95W.

Thank you for reply!! The consumption of processor is 125W and i
think that this motherboard not be able to support the
cpu..

--
'Za Fo'!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old April 17th 15, 03:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Freejazz wrote:
Grinder ha scritto:
I'm unsure of what CPU you have, but I'm guessing is a socket AM2?

Consider this board:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68C...Specifications

* It explicitly lists a couple of Athlon 64 X2 CPUs (ADV6000IAA5DO and
ADV6000IAA5DO) as explicitly compatible. I how your CPU is 95W.

Thank you for reply!! The consumption of processor is 125W and i
think that this motherboard not be able to support the
cpu..

In some table I was looking at (support.asus.com , technical inquiry,
cpu support), there were three entries for 6000+. One for a
high power version (125W), one for lower power version (95W).
It's possible the third was a different die revision level.

Paul