Reinstalling Epson software - OneTouch button doesn't work any more

Old June 5th 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Father Kodak

Default Reinstalling Epson software - OneTouch button doesn't work any more

My system recently had a meltdown so I had to reload Windows XP and
all my apps.

I have an Epson 1200U scanner which has this convenient "One Touch"
button for starting a scan. It's great to make scans and copies.

When I re-installed the Epson software, the One Touch button no longer
works. The scanner does work fine IF you load up an application that
uses the scanner, but the button itself is "dead."

Checking around in Windows, the Hardware | Device Manager shows that
the scanner is installed properly. When I opened My System, the
Epson appears under Scanners and Cameras. But when I right-clicked
and checked Device Properties, the Events Tab shows the following:

Event: Start Button (no other events are shown in the drop-down
list).

No Applications are registered for this event.

The Take No Action button is selected.

The Start This Program and Prompt For Which Program To Run buttons are
grayed out.

So, how can I fix this setting? I'm willing to get into the Registry
if necessary.

I'm using the latest drivers available from the Epson Web site:

Scan II 32 Utility 2.35E (ScanII2.35.exe)
Driver 5.53A (Epson 10245.exe)

By the way, these drivers are both pretty old. If there are newer
drivers available for other scanners that will also work with the
1200U, I'm willing to try them out.

In the same vein, I'm also interested to know if there are 64- bit
drivers for either Windows XP or Vista that will work with this
scanner.

Thanks,

Father Kodak
Old June 7th 07, 01:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
tomcas

Father Kodak wrote:
[...]

According to the manual you click that box to deselect it and then the
other buttons will no longer be grayed out. I don't have this scanner
but is seems logical.

http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/per12p/per12pu8.pdf

Keep in mind "The one touch function only works with programs that are
OneTouch compliant, like Presto Pagemanager and Windows 98 Imaging.
These applications support linking scanner events with the Start button
on Windows 98 and enable the scanner monitor utility. For details on how
to set up one-touch scanning, see "Using the Start Button" in your EPSON
TWAIN User's Guide."