Head Leak on Epson C62 ?

Old May 29th 05, 02:33 AM
Davy

Default Head Leak on Epson C62 ?

I had enough of the C62, so I ended up dismantling the head assembly
yet again, as before I noted ink weeping from edge of the head clamp,
cleaning the whole face with isopropanol, re-assembling and a couple
of nozzles cleans brought it back to life along with the same old
symptoms.

So I removed the head assembley again knowingly for the last time,
upon removing the head clamp I was aghast with the amount of dried
ink that had caked up on one side of the clamp, the dried ink came
off in tiny clumps, I could see a small damp area where I presume the
ink had been coming from, the other three edges was intact with no
signs of ink build up.

Since this is the 2nd printer with the same print faults as the
original I am pretty sure that the cause was the same and a pretty
good bet that it was on the same edge.

It seems hard to imagine two printers with presummeably the same
defects, the nozzle selector board which is at right angles to the
print head, was intact and clean, no ink stains (this is a small PCB
that carries the connections to the print head), any corrosion of the
copper tracks will cause print problems and ink stains will cause the
copper tracks to short or become leaky to electrical signals that
drive the head.

What could have caused this in two printers I can only put down to
poor design or faulty manufacture of the print head. I doubt that
there is anything that I could have done to create this fault on two
printers in about the same period of time.

But as I have said it all began by a nozzle clean which seem to become
more frequent.

I put the printer where it best belongs - in the trash bin

Davy

Old May 29th 05, 02:39 AM
Ivor Floppy

"Davy" wrote in message
[..]
I put the printer where it best belongs - in the trash bin

The C62 was a cheap and nasty printer to begin with. All the reviews agreed
that it was crap.

Old May 29th 05, 07:35 AM

On 29-May-2005, "Ivor Floppy" wrote:

I put the printer where it best belongs - in the trash bin

The C62 was a cheap and nasty printer to begin with. All the reviews
agreed that it was crap.

Like the current Epson range, yet people never learn, they keep
buying, then complain here.

Bit like politics I suppose, elect crap governments, then complain.
Old May 29th 05, 12:33 PM
Davy

Ivor floppy & Guest

How right you are, guess I have learned the hard way, I would have
been pacified and tolerated if Epson had offered me an alternative
printer with cash adjustment..!

Alarms bells should have sounded at Seiko Epson when two printers went
the same way in about the same period - but no.

It seems that Epson knew of the situation and 'passed the buck'
knowing the same problem would arise.

Oh boy, they have'nt even addressed the ink tank problem, with the
amount of head cleaning cycles they should offer bigger ink tanks,
especially for the price they charge, and who knows it just may well
be 'El cheapo ink' they do use, I ain't ever seen inside of an Epson
ink factory, have you, is it really that pitiful or that secrative
they don't want us to know - and don't tell me its special ink.

Better buying a Lexmark and tossing it overboard each time you want a
refill - It's much cheaper and you get a new printer for the price of
a set of Epson tanks. It's a known fact that Epson inks keeps them
going, this is why they offer cheaper printer's.

Davy

Old May 29th 05, 12:38 PM
Ivor Floppy

wrote in message

On 29-May-2005, "Ivor Floppy" wrote:

I put the printer where it best belongs - in the trash bin

The C62 was a cheap and nasty printer to begin with. All the reviews
agreed that it was crap.

Like the current Epson range, yet people never learn, they keep
buying, then complain here.

Actually - more like ALL manufacturer's bottom end ranges. All made and
built down to a price, all designed for a fixed (short) lifespan.

Old May 29th 05, 03:09 PM
Arthur Entlich

I think your analysis is probably correct, that a manufacturing defect
occurred in a group of these printers and you got two from the same run.

It's a pity, and I think had Epson been a bit more on top of things (The
UK does seem to have its share of problems with Epson's customer and
tech support) they should have provided another replacement from a
different batch of printers which did not have the defects.

Art

Old May 29th 05, 04:01 PM
measekite

Davy wrote:

Ivor floppy & Guest

How right you are, guess I have learned the hard way, I would have
been pacified and tolerated if Epson had offered me an alternative
printer with cash adjustment..!

Alarms bells should have sounded at Seiko Epson when two printers went
the same way in about the same period - but no.

It seems that Epson knew of the situation and 'passed the buck'
knowing the same problem would arise.

Oh boy, they have'nt even addressed the ink tank problem, with the
amount of head cleaning cycles they should offer bigger ink tanks,
especially for the price they charge, and who knows it just may well
be 'El cheapo ink' they do use,

I do not think Epson ink is the same as the 3rd party junk that is out
there.

I ain't ever seen inside of an Epson
ink factory,

It is not the factory and who the laborers are; it is the formulation,
engineering and quality control.

have you, is it really that pitiful or that secrative
they don't want us to know - and don't tell me its special ink.

Better buying a Lexmark and tossing it overboard each time you want a
refill -

Total Trash.

It's much cheaper and you get a new printer for the price of
a set of Epson tanks. It's a known fact that Epson inks keeps them
going, this is why they offer cheaper printer's.

The R series printers seem to have decent reviews.

Davy

Old May 29th 05, 04:01 PM
measekite

Ivor Floppy wrote:

wrote in message

On 29-May-2005, "Ivor Floppy" wrote:

I put the printer where it best belongs - in the trash bin

The C62 was a cheap and nasty printer to begin with. All the reviews
agreed that it was crap.

Like the current Epson range, yet people never learn, they keep
buying, then complain here.

The R series appears to have decent reviews.

Old May 29th 05, 04:34 PM
Davy

Arthur Entlichwrote:
I think your analysis is probably correct, that a manufacturing
defect
occurred in a group of these printers and you got two from the same

run.

It's a pity, and I think had Epson been a bit more on top of things

(The
UK does seem to have its share of problems with Epson's custome

Davy say's
Nah, Epson have never been on top of things - only fleecing people

out of their hard earned cash, is'nt that why their printers are much
cheaper to buy?

The first point last:
Arthur, I twice spent ages on the phone to Epson I twice explained

the problem, I twice wasted ink through their so called expert
Technical department'. I twice acted like a SUCKER sticking to their
inks whilst under warrenty and then I changed to Jet-Tec and don't
darn care whether its good bad or indifferent, whether I should have
used them or not - not interested.

You say the Epson's may have come from the same batch (totally

different S/N here by the way) I doubt very much but that statement
is not related to the clogging issue is it ?

These being the case why did Epson Technical not say "OH dear, we

can't have this, you'l either have to have a replacement, a refund or
a better printer with cash ajustment". Do you really think I did not
give them the options ?

This is why I say Epsons are crap and will never trust their

products again, anyone dis-agrees with that statement then kindly say
why I should buy or trust Epson again.

I would be more than happy for you to take this up with Epson US

and be very interested to here their comments, infact I just may
well do that my self -WATCH THIS FORUM-

But one thing is for sure, if they want their printer they have got

until Tuesday, that's when the garbage man come's and it's in many
pieces.

davy

Old May 29th 05, 05:34 PM
Davy

measekitewrote:

The R series printers seem to have decent reviews.

aye, for CLOGGING...! Read the forums and not just this.

Instead of quoting what I have already said, maybe now you will tell

us why I should buy and trust Epson again.

Quality control - do tell me more ....Lol....

With Lexmark you do get a free printer with the cartridge....!

Davy said that.