Epson printers are electronic theieves

Old October 10th 05, 03:40 PM
Shooter

I have a llb, llm and I am. Again I say you are wrong.

"Anna Daptor" wrote in message

"Shooter" wrote in message
No you are wrong, I refer to my many posts regarding the the loss of a
County Court action I brought against Epson UK and lost.

Get yourself a better lawyer. One that knows the law might be a good idea.

"Anna Daptor" wrote in message
news

"Shooter" wrote in message
This discussion now brings up again that Epson will not honour a

warranty
claim if third party ink is used or can be proved to be used.

Since when? There's *nothing* stopping anybody using 3rd party inks in

Epson
or any other printer. Epson are just employing scare tactics in an
attempt
at ensuring their cash cow. Using 3rd party inks has no baring on any
warranty claims.

Old October 10th 05, 04:06 PM
irwell

Suggest it is false reasoning. One gallon of gas would transport
you and the car about 20-30 miles.
One gallon of Bourbon would kill anybody drinking it at one go.
One gallon of eye drops would keep a small town's population
medicated for a month.
One gallon of printer ink would supply how many year's worth
of printing?

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 21:50:05 -0700, Jeff Cameron
wrote:

In a world where Gasoline prices are rising, but is still less than bottled
water, here are some comparative prices of liquids.
Items $/gallon
Gasoline $ 3.00
Milk $ 2.99
Coca-Cola $ 2.84
Gatorade $ 5.20
Evian Water $ 5.60
Orange Juice $ 6.64
Crisco Oil $ 7.44
Perrier Water $ 8.16
Snapple $ 10.32
Scope Mouthwash $ 27.20
Lemon Oil $ 27.22
Olive Oil $ 51.04
Shampoo $ 40.44
Real Maple Syrup $ 57.08
Jack Daniel's Bourbon $ 101.12
Visine Eye Drops $ 995.84
Nasacort Nasal Spray $2,615.28
Printer ink $8,895.72

Calculation based on HP Ink jet cartridge number 58, which contains
17 ml of black ink at the typical list price of $39.95.

All prices are in US dollars, and are subject to change...
Jeff Cameron

Reference: http://www.vpcga.com/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=152

On 10/9/05 9:33 AM, in article
, "Dr. Dweeb"
wrote:

Gentlemen,

I have reached the conclusion that the Epson corporation is both incompetant
and corrupt. Someone should sue their scrawny little asses.

I have an RX500 - a high end combi-device.

Today, the reading on my black ink cartridge hit zero, while the other 5
read between 23-28%
I replaced the black cartridge with a 3rd party product from Gold-Ink.

After installation the printer informed me that it was loading the ink.

I decided to print the test page.

Failure - and worse.

1: "The ink cartridge is different from Epson blah blah blah" message. This
will now appear EVERY time I try to print !!!!!!!!!!
2: The device reset all 5 other cartridges to 0%
3: The device has the black cartridge now pegged at 83%, despite not yet
having printed 1 character

Because the other 5 cartridges now MUST be replaced I still cannot print and
I am REALLY ****ed off. Check how much 6 cartridges (even of alternative
branbd) ink costs - this is an expensive exercise.

The audacity of these assholes to pull this sort of stunt amazes me. It is
both amoral and illegal. There is no technical reason for what has
happenned to me - it is just punishment for installing a non-Epson
cartridge - something I believe is my commercial right.

I mean, how much money do I have to spend on cartridges before I give up ?
Is an ERROR message at EVERY print job even marginally apprpriate ?

Where do I get my money back ??

Dr. Dweeb

Old October 10th 05, 05:40 PM
Davy

quote
This discussion now brings up again that Epson will not honour a

warranty
claim if third party ink is used or can be proved to be used.

They don't wanna know if an exhanged printer goes the same way as the
first one - OEM inks was used on both printers.

And they told me the guarantee is not transfered to the exchanged one,
in other words if the exchanged one broke down that was it.

Bad practice, poor company = Crap company AND nothing better.

Davy

Old October 10th 05, 06:35 PM
Gary Tait

"zakezuke" wrote in news:1128941147.910356.140130
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Granted the smallest unit of milk you can buy is
240ml

Where I am, anything 500 ml or less is taxed as a snack, greater than 500
ML is taxed as a staple, even chocolate milk.
Old October 10th 05, 07:14 PM
George E. Cawthon

wrote:

[...]

Wonderful, but did deduct the cost of the hitect
container (cartridge), without which the ink would
be useless? None of the other liquids come in a
high tech container requiring exacting processes
to manufacture. As an alternative include the
price of a new car to use the gasoline.)

Of course, comparing liquid costs has little to do
with anything, did you try to figure out the cost
of inoculations or liquid medicines?

None the less, take water, which costs nothing so
the profit is infinite, or the Visine which
probably cost 50 cents to manufacture.
Old October 10th 05, 07:26 PM
George E. Cawthon

Gary Tait wrote:
"zakezuke" wrote in news:1128941147.910356.140130
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Granted the smallest unit of milk you can buy is
240ml

Where I am, anything 500 ml or less is taxed as a snack, greater than 500
ML is taxed as a staple, even chocolate milk.

I've heard of that. It's got to be one of the
most outrageous laws devised. And the stupidest
constituency to put up with it.

Old October 11th 05, 12:22 AM
Jeff Cameron

While the facts are true (based on current retail prices), I only intended
to exhibit the irony rather than foster a reasonable debate.
JC

Old October 11th 05, 12:28 AM
Jeff Cameron

While the facts are true (based on current retail prices), I only intended
to exhibit the irony rather than foster a reasonable debate.
JC

On 10/10/05 11:14 AM, in article
, "George E.