Epson printers are electronic theieves

Old October 15th 05, 11:23 AM
zakezuke

But hang on a moment....!
The original printer was registered along with the serial number, the
replacement serial number was booked and had to be signed for -:

Sounds like information you can request... so long as you have original
serial number. That's one nice thing about ordering online... the
serial is often recorded in several places. Perhaps you can go to the
store from where you bought it from, and provided you paid with a CC or
a check they might have that info.

I've delt with many companies who really have no issues with a lack of
receipts. Kingston, Crucial, all carry lifetime warranty on their
memory and I've taken the time to claim the warranty. Maxtor and
Western digital both keep a record of when a drive was manufactured.
No receipts needed unless it's beyond the default warranty period....
as in 3 years after it was made, and you happened to bought it a year
after it was made. These are cool, pleasent, and generally spiffy...
but it's not the norm, the norm is paperwork. Good, solid, fancy
paperwork.

Old October 15th 05, 01:21 PM
Arthur Entlich

I've been looking forward to seeing this system released. It will be
very interesting to see how effective this new design is for yields
overall. It does sound impressive. The Vivera ink cartridges are very
small, so ink conservation will be critical to making these printers
good value.

Art

Bob Headrick wrote:

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message

Again it has to do with the amount of ink lost in the initial purge cycle
when a new cartridge is installed. If you have individual color cartridges,
then each time a new one is installed, all cartridges suffer the installation
ink removal, so any one cartridge can suffer through 2-3 even 4 initial
purges during it's life and that wastes a lot of ink.

This is true for most manufacturers. The new HP Photosmart 3300 series
Al-in-one and the Photosmart 8250 uses a recirculation system. Rather than
purging ink into a large "diaper" in the printer they recirculate the ink uses
for purges back into the supply. Depending on the frequency of printing this
can be a large difference in efficiency. Besides the purging that occurs at
ink supply replacement there are also typically time based and usage based
purge events that may do a smaller purge every few days. Recirculating this
ink rather than pumping it into a diaper can make a large difference in actual
cost per page of printing.

Regards,

Old October 15th 05, 01:28 PM
Arthur Entlich

I can't speak for what happened with your situation, but that is
certainly not the case anywhere in the world I am aware of.

The warranty doesn't start over again, but the left over portion moves
to the replacement product.

Art

Davy wrote:

Markywrote:

quote="Marky"

That is nonsense...at least in NA...if we exhanged a printer during

the

warranty they unit sent out gets the remainder of the one year

warranty...

Sorry, stand by my guns here.

The printer went faulty I was given a exchanged unit in a brown box
with Epson security labels minus the inks, that would be a factory
referbished unit as I seem to understand from this NG.

When the replacement went faulty with OEM inks, I telephoned Epson UK
and they told me that the gaurantee is not transferable and that
there was no gaurantee on the replacement....!

At the time I ought to have gone straight to trading standards...!

They would not give me a reference number so that I could take it to
the local Epson Agent - This is fact not fiction Marky.

At the time I wanted to complain above and beyond Epson UK, they would
or could not provide any contact details to do this.

I repeat-:
The gaurantee on the original printer could not be transfered over to
the replacement printer, nor would they give a warrenty on it...!

I was lumbered with crap printers from a crap company.

Davy

Old October 15th 05, 01:33 PM
Davy

quote="zakezuke[quote:b069a77f1f]
Sounds like information you can request... so long as you have
original
serial number. That's one nice thing about ordering online... the
serial is often recorded in several places. Perhaps you can go to
the
store from where you bought it from, and provided you paid with a CC
or
a check they might have that info.[/quote:b069a77f1f]

I tried, they refused point blank to have anything to do with the
exchanged unit.

I've delt with many companies who really have no issues with a lack

of
receipts.
Me too.

Now I digress a little-:
Quite some while ago I bought a jug kettle, the water filter holder
part required replacement I enquired to Brita they sent me a new
kettle... inspite of me telling them it was well out of warrenty and
all I wanted was the filter holder part, I got a brand new Kettle
with water filters and with 12 month warrenty AND I sent the old one
back 'Freepost'.

This was inspite of pointing out it was out of warrenty and that the
kettle itself was ok and I just wanted the filter holder part which
you have to remove to change the filter.

Now that IS service and I certainly did not expect that sort of
treatment or anything like that from Epson - all I wanted from them
was to get a darn printer working, whether by repairing or replacing.

Yes there was indications that they knew the serial number, I
seriously felt that they did not want to know because I was given
what I believe now was a refurbished printer - hence the lack of
cartridges instructions and warranty card.

I feel I was treated bad by Epson and I say again, "they are a CRAP
company to deal with".

Davy

Old October 15th 05, 01:34 PM
Arthur Entlich

This is against the law in the US and Canada. The replacement product
must maintain the balance of the warranty OR some amount, often 90 days,
which ever is LONGEST. Perhaps you misunderstood the warranty working.

Art

Dr. Dweeb wrote:

Davy wrote:

Markywrote:

[...]

Interestingly, I have a Sony Mp3 player that died after 4 months. Sony
fixed it (at least I got the same unit back in working order), but the
warranty is now 3 months on repairs.

Wait - after 3 months, the thing is still just 7 months old. What happenned
to the 2 year warranty that is required in the EU for consumer items - he
asks rhetorically ????

It seem that perhaps this is SOP for companies generally. ?

Dweeb.

Davy

Old October 15th 05, 02:34 PM
Davy

Arthur Entlichwrote:
quote="Arthur Entlich"] but the left over portion moves
to the replacement product.

Not according to Epson it don't - I enquired.

I did say in the post that the warranty could not be transfered to the
replacement..?

There is no reason at all for me to say it couldn't without enquiring,
to say otherwise would be incorrect.

The warranty could not be transfered nor would they give me a warranty
of the replacement - "Not my words Art", but those of Epson UK...!

Davy

Old October 15th 05, 03:01 PM
Marky

"Davy" wrote in message
news
measekitewrote:

quote="measekite"]Marky in da business wrote:

"Davy" wrote in

message

Markywrote:

[...]

That is strange, but I guess things really are different outside of

NA...I
know for a fact though that a one year warranty here means one

year...

You should have taken them up on that one year thingy...I definitely

would
have...

Fat lot of info there....!

And you were expecting, what?

I wasn't trying to inform you of anything...I didn't realize how one company
can offer different warranties in different countries...I'm not very
worldly...I was, after all, a lowly technical support person...

Old October 15th 05, 03:09 PM
Marky

"Davy" wrote in message
. ..
quote="zakezukee]
Did Epson lose your paperwork or was it some repair depot?

The repair centre

It doesn't
matter as you should always make a copy before giving up your
paperwork. Some joker might lose it.

Yes I should have kept a copy and at the time I should have known
better, you bet your 'bottom dollor' I will be doing that in future.

But hang on a moment....!
The original printer was registered along with the serial number, the
replacement serial number was booked and had to be signed for -:

Therefor Epson should have all traces and records of the goods in my
view and all these was entered on the computer as well.

This I do know...in NA we could see the serial number in the exchange window
and this came in handy in cases where, heaven forbid, customers were trying
to scam Epson...since we all know that only Epson scams customers and not
the other way around you'd almost think they're wasting thousands in
computer resources...

Its just that Epson did not want to know and I am convinced they were
'conveniently lost'.

Oh, for sure...been inside a warehouse where these things take place lately?
People...can't live with them and can't live without them...

When I say Epson is a crap company I say it for a reason, if this is
just Epson UK problem then it is clearly Epson policy on the whole as
Epson are allowing it to happen.

Davy

Well, this happened in NA but not that often...it is, after all, YOUR
responsibility to keep records...I learned this the hard way myself dealing
with, what I thought, a reputable company...

You know those on-line registration forms? Well, don't count on any company
to honor that because it is, after all, the end-user filling in the
blanks...anything showing a date of purchase means nothing unless you have
the original proof of purchase...sorry, just works that way...

Old October 15th 05, 03:37 PM
Davy

Arthur Entlichwrote:
quote="Arthur Entlich"]This is against the law in the US and Canada.
The replacement product
must maintain the balance of the warranty OR some amount, often 90

days,
which ever is LONGEST. Perhaps you misunderstood the warranty

working.

Art

Can't see how there was any misunderstanding, I registered the
warrenty etc etc, clearly 12 months at no time was I ever told the
warrenty had changed.

You buy something it breaks down in 12 months they either repair it or
replace it - they replaced it with what I understand NOW is a referb
unit which they would 'clearly' not entertain, needless to say the
warranty would not be transfered nor any warranty given....!

There just could not be any mis understanding it is as clear as
daylight.

Maybe they know they'er cloggers and want to avoid the hassle ...!

Davy