Canon manual online for i4000 pixma?

Old January 22nd 08, 01:01 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Canon manual online for i4000 pixma?

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get an online manual for the above? Mine
isn't printing colours and I've tried the usual deep cleaning etc to
no avail.

thanks

Craig
Old January 23rd 08, 12:26 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Canon has said that the clean cycles including the deep clean are
designed to unclug thier printheads of thier OEM ink. If you have been
using Canon's in or a generic ink I would advise you to stop. Canon's
reps have said thier ink is no better than generic ink. You may want
to purchase a new head and use only aftermarket ink designed for your
printer...less clogging and according to Canon better than thier own
inks.
Old January 23rd 08, 03:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

The best factory recomended ink is from the aftermarket...according
Canon...just don't buy generic. This has been proven by millions of
buyers. And Canon reconizes that they are no better than generic.
Old January 23rd 08, 06:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Canon but the Epson Ultrachrome ink used in the Epson 3800 is very
good. *HP printers would have to be behind Canon and Epson when it comes
to printing photos but depending on the model it does text and mixed
business documents the best.

Not totally true...

Epson 3800 is a great printer...by far better than any Canon...But it
not a fare comparison since Canon is not a pro printer.

HP and Epson produce the longest lasting prints and the best quality
photos. And both work very good and produce quality printout with
aftermarket ink...either way there is no Canon in this field. Canon is
just not as reliable as a HP nor can it print photos as good as a
Epson. As a pro...

Old February 11th 08, 06:11 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Jan 22, 8:01*am, wrote:
Hi

Does anyone know where I can get an online manual for the above? Mine
isn't printing colours and I've tried the usual deep cleaning etc to
no avail.

thanks

Craig

Here's a link to the iP4000 service manual. Most of it's good for the
iP3000, iP5000 and iP6000D as well.

http://www.timtaylor.net/tech/iP4000_Service_Manual.pdf

Phineas