Hats off to BFG

Old January 18th 04, 07:12 AM
RXP

Default Hats off to BFG

I have a BFG Ti-4200-8x purchased at Best Buy.
After 9 months it started leaving artifacts on the screen,
locking the PC, etc.

BFG replaced it with a new one for free and I got it
within a week of contacting them. Uncommon service.

rwp

Old January 18th 04, 04:15 PM
Bone

"RXP" wrote in message
I have a BFG Ti-4200-8x purchased at Best Buy.
After 9 months it started leaving artifacts on the screen,
locking the PC, etc.

BFG replaced it with a new one for free and I got it
within a week of contacting them. Uncommon service.

rwp

Now if we can only get them to post their BIOS's for their vid cards on
their website, I could void my warranty by loading the BFG FX5950Ultra BIOS
into my BFG FX5900Ultra, and miss out on all that good customer service!
What does BFG stand for anyways?....other than the obvious!

Bone

Old January 18th 04, 06:00 PM
rms

There should be 3rdparty sites with bios and biosflashing utilities. Look
on nvnews.net

rms

Old January 19th 04, 04:54 PM
Craig Riekena

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:12:52 -0600, "RXP"
wrote:

I have a BFG Ti-4200-8x purchased at Best Buy.
After 9 months it started leaving artifacts on the screen,
locking the PC, etc.

BFG replaced it with a new one for free and I got it
within a week of contacting them. Uncommon service.

rwp

I agree. I had the same experience a few months ago and they
immediately sent me a new card. Card worked great for six months then
started leaving artifacts all over the screen. They replaced it
without hassle.

Only problem is that the new card is doing exactly the same thing. Is
your new card better? Now I'm not sure if it's my system, software,
power supply or what. This newest card exibited artifacts immediately.

Please let me know if yours is better. Perhaps I just need yet another
card attempt.

please remove the leavemealoneat to reply