6800GT: 600mhz Core, 1.4Ghz Memory???

Old September 17th 04, 10:40 PM
Hervey Cleckley

Default 6800GT: 600mhz Core, 1.4Ghz Memory???

eVGA 6800GT

I ran the coolbits (the utility embedded in detonator drivers) autodetect
feature and it set my core to 600Mhz and Memory to 1.4Ghz.

I notched it down to Ultra Settings (400/1.1) to be safe.

is there a core temperature sensor?

Old September 18th 04, 12:52 AM
CapFusion

"Hervey Cleckley" wrote in message
eVGA 6800GT

I ran the coolbits (the utility embedded in detonator drivers) autodetect
feature and it set my core to 600Mhz and Memory to 1.4Ghz.

I notched it down to Ultra Settings (400/1.1) to be safe.

is there a core temperature sensor?

For any card have temperature sensor, it will indiated or display like any
other side tab. No need to hack registry to be show up like coolbit. In
another word, temperature tab will show-up automatically without hacking if
it have one on the card.

CapFusion,...

Old September 18th 04, 11:02 PM
First of One

Bull. You'll get artifacts and lockups long before any damage sets in.
Overclocking on its own is not really that dangerous without voltage mods.

Old September 19th 04, 12:34 AM
John

Really??

Friend of mine thought the same, set his card to stupid values almost
identical to these, played doom 3 for a few hours. Rebooted, vertical lines
in bios. Windows xp loading screen strange colours, desktop un readable.
Games out of the question.

Turned out, he fryed the memory. Now has a 6800 ultra as a doorstop. This
has also happened to a variety of people if u read various nvidia forums.

I use conservative oc on my asus 6800GE 430/1.2. I know it will go quite a
bit higher but I know at the speeds its set to it's unlikely to do any long
term damage.

gers.com...