Bad board or am I missing something?

Old July 9th 03, 06:38 AM
Newt

Default Bad board or am I missing something?

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
I'm trying to build a system out of spare parts around a new Intel
D815EEA2 board. The processor fan and drives run as soon as I plug in
the power cord and the heat sink gets warm, so I think the processor
is getting power, but the case fan does not ever run. The power
switch has no effect, and if I hit the reset button, the front power
LED glows as long as the button is depressed. I'm sure the fans are
plugged in right and the front panel plugs are as shown in the
schematic. I tried the board in a second case and it behaved the same
way. Is it a bad board, or am I overlooking something?

One thing first, does the pc boot up ok?
I'm not familiar with this mobo.
Is the case fan connected to the right header on mobo?
Is it temperature activated?

Old July 9th 03, 01:02 PM
Dave Smith

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 06:38:05 +0100, "Newt" wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
.. .
I'm trying to build a system out of spare parts around a new Intel
D815EEA2 board. The processor fan and drives run as soon as I plug in
the power cord and the heat sink gets warm, so I think the processor
is getting power, but the case fan does not ever run. The power
switch has no effect, and if I hit the reset button, the front power
LED glows as long as the button is depressed. I'm sure the fans are
plugged in right and the front panel plugs are as shown in the
schematic. I tried the board in a second case and it behaved the same
way. Is it a bad board, or am I overlooking something?

One thing first, does the pc boot up ok?
I'm not familiar with this mobo.
Is the case fan connected to the right header on mobo?
Is it temperature activated?

The pc does not boot. Nothing on the monitor at all. Sorry, I should
have said that. The case fan is connected to the only other fan
header and it's not temp activated.

This is a board for the Plll. They're hard to find now. I have
another system using one and it works great. I was hoping to give
this system to my son to keep him off my back.
Old July 10th 03, 01:14 AM
Newt

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 06:38:05 +0100, "Newt" wrote:

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Did you also have your memory and graphics in too? Obvious I know but I had
to ask.
Leave the HDD disconnected for now, at least until you can boot up ok and
get something on the screen.
You should at least hope to get something with this.
Try other known good RAM,CPU. see what results you get then.