HydraVision window control problem

Old September 1st 04, 03:10 PM
Aaron Campbell

Default HydraVision window control problem

Here is my setup:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256-Bit 128MB VGA DVI-I
Windows XP Service Pack 2
ATI Catalyst 4.8
ATI HydraVision Full Edition 3.25.0006
Monitor 1: Samsung 95P 19" CRT (1024x768) VGA
Monitor 2: Toshiba 50HDX82 HDTV (1776x1000) DVI (YPbPr Component Adapter)

I don't have the Remote Wonder or a wireless keyboard/mouse yet, so for
now I'm controlling the TV from Monitor 1. I've enabled the "Single
Monitor Windows" option in HydraVision under the Window Control settings.

My normal method for getting a fullscreen app onto the TV is to open the
app (appears on my VGA monitor), load a file and get it set up, move the
window to the far right of the screen, and then let go of the mouse. With
the "Single Monitor Windows" option, this causes the app to be tossed over
to the TV display only. At this point, I press a hotkey to force it to
fullscreen and voila, it's playing on the TV.

My problem is with Real Player 10. Now, if you're familiar with this app,
you'll know that it has "skinned" window decorations. Because of this, it
seems, HydraVision does not recognize it as a window. Consequently,
moving it to the far right of the screen doesn't cause the app to be
snapped to the TV display. Furthermore, I can't set any HydraVision
"Individual Application Settings" for it, and it's also not recognized
when I use the "Gather All Windows To Monitor 1" feature.

An obvious quick fix would be to not use Real Player 10, but I know that
skinned apps are getting more common, and I'd appreciate any insight into
whether there's a workaround for this problem. How can I make HydraVision
recognize Real Player 10?

Thanks in advance!

--
---