Choosing 955X Royal or Pro

Old September 8th 05, 08:41 AM
ggs

Default Choosing 955X Royal or Pro

Hi

What to choose ? Royal or Pro.
I don't need 6 SATA connectors , 4 will be fine.
What about sound quality of ALC882 and ALC882M ? Noticeable difference?

Old September 8th 05, 06:17 PM
Richard Dower

"ggs" wrote in message ...
Hi

What to choose ? Royal or Pro.
I don't need 6 SATA connectors , 4 will be fine.
What about sound quality of ALC882 and ALC882M ? Noticeable difference?

I'd get the Royal personally, you might not think you'll need 6 SATA
connectors....but you never know, you may want to upgrade or add SATA
optical drives.

Old September 9th 05, 08:37 AM
scorpionkit76

ALC882M has Dolby@master digital audio 7.1 channel..

Old September 9th 05, 12:53 PM
ggs

In oups.com,
scorpionkit76 typed:

ALC882M has Dolby@master digital audio 7.1 channel..

Yes I know but does it really sound better ??? i.e. compared to Audigy 2 ?

Old January 8th 06, 07:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"ggs" wrote in message ...
In oups.com,
scorpionkit76 typed:

ALC882M has Dolby@master digital audio 7.1 channel..

Yes I know but does it really sound better ??? i.e. compared to Audigy 2 ?

I have the Pro, If anyone can tell the difference in sound (a buddy has the
royal) then they have very very good hearing.

regards
Freddie