Wireless Computer Monitor - Monitor's video connection is wireless

Old October 16th 07, 06:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.arch.embedded,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
karthikbalaguru

Default Wireless Computer Monitor - Monitor's video connection is wireless

Hi,

Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's
video connection is wireless) ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Old October 16th 07, 01:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.arch.embedded,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
husterk

On Oct 16, 1:31 am, karthikbalaguru
wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's
video connection is wireless) ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

I just did a quick search on Google and I found a website that offers
wireless VGA and wireless HDMI transmission boxes. This should do what
you are looking for.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/PC-TV_video.html

Keith
http://www.doubleblackdesign.com

Old October 19th 07, 03:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.arch.embedded,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jethro

wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's
video connection is wireless) ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

I just did a quick search on Google and I found a website that offers
wireless VGA and wireless HDMI transmission boxes. This should do what
you are looking for.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/PC-TV_video.html

I have tried the Wireless PC to TV/Stereo before and was thoroughly
unimpressed with the range of the unit. I tried it for work but whether
the old building or too many walls but I couldn't get a clear picture
from it at only 20 feet away.

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Jethro
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old October 20th 07, 05:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.arch.embedded,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Arno Wagner

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia karthikbalaguru wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's
video connection is wireless) ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high.

Arno
Old October 20th 07, 05:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.arch.embedded,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Marc Ramsey

Arno Wagner wrote:
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia karthikbalaguru wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's
video connection is wireless) ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high.

Hmm, you better tell these guys it won't work:

http://plextor.com/english/products/PX-PA15AW.htm
http://addlogix.com/peripheral_sharing/echoview.htm

Marc
Old October 20th 07, 06:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN

wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's
video connection is wireless) ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high.

Arno

Wrong!, the CEA is already working on a standard for Wireless HDMI for HDTV's
and the like.
Old October 20th 07, 08:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.arch.embedded,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

'Arno' wrote:
| Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high.
_____
Does exist.

The wireless monitor connections do not use 802.11 x standards equipment.
The bandwidth thus does not have the same limitation.

Phil Weldon

Old October 21st 07, 02:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.arch.embedded,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Arno Wagner

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia Marc Ramsey wrote:
Arno Wagner wrote:
In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia karthikbalaguru wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about a good Wireless computer monitor (Monitor's
video connection is wireless) ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high.

Hmm, you better tell these guys it won't work:

http://plextor.com/english/products/PX-PA15AW.htm
http://addlogix.com/peripheral_sharing/echoview.htm

Marc

As to this and the other replays: If you are satisfied with slow
changes and basically no possibility to display movies, or other
faster animated contents then of course solutions exist. These things
are rather limited. Their primary focus is for presentations that
mostly consist of static and/or low-details lides. A seconday use if
dor a remote console for system administration of systems that do not
have reasonable log-in possibilities. I tested one of these and it
feels jerky and slow. Not usable to work with for a longer duration.

Example: 1280x1024@60Hz with 24 bit color requires 3*1280*1024*60
Bytes = 230MB/s to be transferred for losless video
transfer. Compression can not solve that for all content. Also this
will require roughly 2.3GHz Bandwidth (!) to transfer
wirelessly. Currently, there is no large enough available space in the
RF spectrum for this.

Arno
Old October 21st 07, 02:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.arch.embedded,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Arno Wagner

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia Phil Weldon wrote:
'Arno' wrote:
| Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high.
_____
Does exist.

The wireless monitor connections do not use 802.11 x standards equipment.
The bandwidth thus does not have the same limitation.

It still needs several GHz of RF spectrum. Which happens to not be
available. There is no way to beat Shannon.

Arno
Old October 21st 07, 04:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.arch.embedded,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

'Arno Wagner' wrote:
| It still needs several GHz of RF spectrum. Which happens to not be
| available. There is no way to beat Shannon.

Your assumptions turn out not to be true. See
http://www.analog.com/en/press/0,289...F72455,00.html

the abstract at
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/lo...number=1598300

and the Wireless Telegraphy (Ultra-Wideband Equipment) (Exemption)
Regulations 2007 (No. 2084) at [Ofcom (UK)]
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/cond...ion/statement/ .

Though compression does not 'beat Shannon', it IS the basis of getting HDTV
over the airwaves (and very soon to be the ONLY way to get TV over the
airwaves in most countries.)

wrote:
| 'Arno' wrote:
| | Does not exist. The bandwidth needed is far, far too high.
| _____
| Does exist.
|
| The wireless monitor connections do not use 802.11 x standards
equipment.
| The bandwidth thus does not have the same limitation.
|
| It still needs several GHz of RF spectrum. Which happens to not be
| available. There is no way to beat Shannon.
|
| Arno

G85 wireless connection [email protected] Printers 3 October 3rd 06 02:33 AM
Wireless connection charales General 5 August 23rd 06 01:58 AM
wireless connection BobT Compaq Computers 0 April 30th 04 01:59 AM
I try WPA, get wireless connection, but no net access :( D Mitchell Dell Computers 0 January 23rd 04 02:12 PM
Wireless connection??? Bill & Lynda Dell Computers 2 November 24th 03 11:59 PM