"Parker" permanenet black fountain pen ink as refill ink?

Old December 20th 03, 03:12 PM
Zoran

Default "Parker" permanenet black fountain pen ink as refill ink?

I read somewhere that some have had success in using
"Parker" permanenet black fountain pen ink as refill ink?
If it's true, than printing in black would become dirt cheap
...... :-)
Has anyone here tried?
Old December 20th 03, 04:37 PM
dslr

Zoran wrote:

I read somewhere that some have had success in using
"Parker" permanenet black fountain pen ink as refill ink?
If it's true, than printing in black would become dirt cheap
..... :-)
Has anyone here tried?

I wouldn't like to try it on modern printers, but I do remember a
dentists surgery here in the UK that successfully ran their Canon BJ10s
(early bubblejets) on bottles of blue Quink.

--
regards,
dslr

Old December 24th 03, 11:02 AM
FRED

It used to be the standard ink to refill hp cartridges in the days of the
Olivetti J150's and HP deskjets. as I recall it worked very well and caused
no damage to the HP cartridges, it is guarenteed not to clog the Parker ink
pens and so it didn't clog the cartridges, you can use other colors ie Red
and Blue if you flush out the cartidge with water several times. I haven't
used it for years but in it's day it was the best. but now of course you
have hundreds of suppliers of quality inks. I know it works with the HP's
but up to you if you try with any other printer

God I'm getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old December 25th 03, 12:27 AM
Ron Cohen

I remember using Sheaffer Skrip on my old DJ500. It worked every time. I
wouldn't consider trying it on the newer printers like my three Canon's but
I do a lot of refilling on these printers with Sensient- Formulabs ink from
www.alotofthings.comand and it works perfectly. Your post mentioning using
different colored fountain pen ink made me think of doing just the reverse.
Instead of putting fountain pen ink in an inkjet, how about using refill ink
in a fountain pen? I occasionally like to use a fountain pen for writing
checks and other documents instead of a ballpoint. I wonder how well the
refill ink would work in a fountain pen? Some interesting colors could be
achieved by mixing a few drops. I haven't tried it yet, but when I get a few
spare moments, I just might give it a shot.
--
Ron Cohen

news.com...

"Zoran" wrote in message

I read somewhere that some have had success in using
"Parker" permanenet black fountain pen ink as refill ink?
If it's true, than printing in black would become dirt cheap
..... :-)
Has anyone here tried?

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Old December 25th 03, 02:44 PM
Andrew Rossmann

In article , drc023
@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net says...
I remember using Sheaffer Skrip on my old DJ500. It worked every time. I
wouldn't consider trying it on the newer printers like my three Canon's but
I do a lot of refilling on these printers with Sensient- Formulabs ink from
www.alotofthings.comand and it works perfectly. Your post mentioning using
different colored fountain pen ink made me think of doing just the reverse.
Instead of putting fountain pen ink in an inkjet, how about using refill ink
in a fountain pen? I occasionally like to use a fountain pen for writing
checks and other documents instead of a ballpoint. I wonder how well the
refill ink would work in a fountain pen? Some interesting colors could be
achieved by mixing a few drops. I haven't tried it yet, but when I get a few
spare moments, I just might give it a shot.

One issue might be the ink type. Don't most pens use pigmented ink? Most
home/office inkjets use dyes for color and black, although HP still uses
pigmented black on most printers.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Old December 25th 03, 06:43 PM
benzplan9

Andrew Rossmann wrote:
In article , drc023
@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net says...

[...]

Fountain pens use water based dye inks. Drawing inks and calligraphy
inks may contain varnish/shellac/binder and or pigments and should
never be used in a fountain pen. If pigmented inks are used they will
most likely lead to clogging in fountain pens. See numerous
discussions on alt.collecting.pens-pencils archives (Google). Parker
Quink or Sheaffer Skrip are some of the safest inks made.

My trials at using printer ink for fountain pens led to too much flow,
feathering and bleedthru. I suppose printer ink would work best in
fine or extra-fine nibs instead of the medium and broad that I usually
use.

--Ben
Old December 26th 03, 04:40 PM
Andrew Rossmann

In article , benzplan9
@hotmail.com says...
Fountain pens use water based dye inks. Drawing inks and calligraphy
inks may contain varnish/shellac/binder and or pigments and should
never be used in a fountain pen. If pigmented inks are used they will
most likely lead to clogging in fountain pens. See numerous
discussions on alt.collecting.pens-pencils archives (Google). Parker
Quink or Sheaffer Skrip are some of the safest inks made.

My trials at using printer ink for fountain pens led to too much flow,
feathering and bleedthru. I suppose printer ink would work best in
fine or extra-fine nibs instead of the medium and broad that I usually
use.

That makes it harder to swap ink types. HP uses pigmented black in most
models, so using pen ink probably wouldn't work well. And using HP-
oriented black in a pen would clog it.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross