best refill/bulk ink for canon

Old November 19th 03, 08:44 PM

Default best refill/bulk ink for canon

I've spent several days researching the various bulk/refill options for
Canon printers. From the various posts I've read, compatible cartridges are
not the way to go, but refilling is.

In the US, what provides the best match to OEM inks, and which provides the
best value?

Target printer is the i560 or i860. Thank you.

I've seen:

re-inks.com / atlanticinkjet.com
inkjetgoodies.com
alotofthings.com
weink.com

Old November 20th 03, 06:39 AM
Ron Cohen

You've most likely seen numerous posts from me praising alotofthings.com, a
seller of Sensient-Formulabs Inks. I'd recommend that you also check out the
web site of the manufacturer, www.formulabs.com, and those of the other
makes as well. Do a google search on the companies and dig deeper into trade
articles about them. They aren't hard to find if you have the time to do a
little searching. From my personal experience I know Formulabs inks give
excellent results, equal to or better than OEM, but the others also have
dedicated followings. Go to each vendors web site and compare prices,
including s&h, for equivalent packages from all the vendors. No matter who
you order from, I'd recommend just buying bulk ink. Forget about the refill
kits which include stoppers, special syringes and other unnecessary gadgets
which add to the cost and just make the refilling process more complicated
than necessary. I've created a small two page pdf file which is a refill
instruction sheet that includes photos of refilled tanks and a second page
is a color test chart which is useful both as a color reference and as a
cleaning tool. I'll be glad to email you or anyone else who would like a
copy. Just send me a private email with your email address. I may not see
the request if it's posted in the newsgroup. The other bit of advise I'd
give is to not over order. Canon printers enable you to do a tremendous
amount of printing with only a few ounces of each color ink. You can do
many, many refills from a set of four ounce bottles. Since the i560 and i860
are heavy text printers, you may want to get a larger size bottle of black
than the colors.
--
Ron Cohen

wrote in message ...
I've spent several days researching the various bulk/refill options for
Canon printers. From the various posts I've read, compatible cartridges

are
not the way to go, but refilling is.

In the US, what provides the best match to OEM inks, and which provides

the
best value?

Target printer is the i560 or i860. Thank you.

I've seen:

re-inks.com / atlanticinkjet.com
inkjetgoodies.com
alotofthings.com
weink.com

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Old November 23rd 03, 09:33 PM
Steve Kraus

What are your thoughts on refilling the OEM cartridges as opposed to
getting empty aftermarket cartridges so there is no mixing of the OEM and
aftermarket inks? Is the latter safer?
Old November 24th 03, 06:32 AM
Ron Cohen

I don't think it makes a lot of difference. I've used both original Canon
tanks and low cost 3rd party ink tanks from Tyler Martin. Both types are now
in my refilling rotation. I refill with Formulabs ink and have had no
problems with ink mixing from one brand to another. Be sure to reuse the
original Canon tanks. However as for 3rd party tanks I think for the small
difference in cost it would be better to start with fresh unfilled tanks or
tanks that have been filled initially by the vendor with the same ink you
will be using for refilling. If you are planning on ordering Formulabs ink
from www.alotofthings.com that will be what you get. They fill unused tanks
with Formulabs ink. I don't know if any other vendors follow the same
procedure but it would be a good idea to check with them prior to placing an
order.
--
Ron Cohen

ink.net...

Old April 1st 05, 03:02 AM
measekite

Nowhere that I could find on this website are any specifications or
descriptions of the brand of ink they sell. They just refer to
compatible ink.

Maybe we should all go to a supermarket's meat department and ask the
butcher for compatible meat. Afterall, Mad Cow meat is still compatible.

Mapanari wrote:

"Ron Cohen"
s.prodigy.com:

You've most likely seen numerous posts from me praising
alotofthings.com, a seller of Sensient-Formulabs Inks. I'd recommend

http://www.ink-refills-ink.com/

I like these guys.

HTH

Old April 3rd 05, 09:58 PM
KubuntuTest

measekite wrote:

Nowhere that I could find on this website are any specifications or
descriptions of the brand of ink they sell. They just refer to
compatible ink.

Maybe we should all go to a supermarket's meat department and ask the
butcher for compatible meat. Afterall, Mad Cow meat is still compatible.

Do you ask the butcher where the meat they sell comes from? Do you insist on
seeing a birth and death certificate for the actual animal that you are
considering buying?

Or, like most or us - do you just put your trust in the suppliers and try it
for yourself?

Old April 4th 05, 12:08 AM
measekite

KubuntuTest wrote:

measekite wrote:

Nowhere that I could find on this website are any specifications or
descriptions of the brand of ink they sell. They just refer to
compatible ink.

Maybe we should all go to a supermarket's meat department and ask the
butcher for compatible meat. Afterall, Mad Cow meat is still compatible.

Do you ask the butcher where the meat they sell comes from? Do you insist on
seeing a birth and death certificate for the actual animal that you are
considering buying?

Try Whole Foods. They sell certified organic meat from different
countries and sources and they do identify the country of origin and the
company.

Or, like most or us - do you just put your trust in the suppliers and try it
for yourself?

And the reason for the FDA (and there are crooks their also) is to
regulate the industry. The ink industry is not important enough to
require regulation except for weights and measures and general false
advertising.

Old April 12th 05, 06:04 PM
Rod Williams

Mapanari wrote:
"Ron Cohen"
.prodigy.com:

You've most likely seen numerous posts from me praising
alotofthings.com, a seller of Sensient-Formulabs Inks. I'd recommend

I have had very good luck with MIS. Good price and I can't see any color
differences compared to Canon ink.

http://www.inksupply.com
Old April 13th 05, 05:39 AM
measekite

Mapanari wrote:

measekite
digy.com:

Try Whole Foods. They sell certified organic meat from different
countries and sources and they do identify the country of origin and the
company.

Yah, but since it's a gay company, run by gays and they try to only hire
homosexuals, you're more likely to get aids or hepatitus from eating their
meat than mad cow.

hey asshole. I said Whole Foods not Hole Foods. Do bring your hunger
to the table.

Old April 13th 05, 04:08 PM
Frank

measekite wrote:

Mapanari wrote:

measekite
igy.com:

Try Whole Foods. They sell certified organic meat from different
countries and sources and they do identify the country of origin and the
company.

Yah, but since it's a gay company, run by gays and they try to only
hire homosexuals, you're more likely to get aids or hepatitus from
eating their meat than mad cow.

hey asshole. I said Whole Foods not Hole Foods. Do bring your hunger
to the table.

Now that's a rather "gay" respone. Hit a nerve did he?
Frank