Any advice on getting a new printer?

Old August 3rd 03, 07:03 PM
Versy Tyle

Default Any advice on getting a new printer?

I've had a Lexmark Z53, the circuitry of which went wrong for some reason. I
think it is to do with the fact that I was sold a computer with a faulty
motherboard (my scanner went wrong, for reasons of circuitry, also). I liked
the fact that you could print onto a variety of diferent media, the most
important to me being primarily tracing paper and secondarily watercolour
paper. I can't do that with my Epson Stylus 830, which I want to abandon
because it doesn't even give me a professional quality typeface - it gives
me nothing but trouble at every turn. But when I bought it I was told it
would get me a better resolution than the Lexmark, which I liked (but it's
not as important to me as the Lexmark's attributes were).
I wonder what advice people could give me as to which model I ought to
get. Another Lexmark, perhaps, or are there drawbacks with Lexmark (eg.
disproportionately high ink prices, etc.) that I can avoid with another
make? If I went up a class, would I enjoy all the same virtues of the Z53?
Thanks,
Versy

Old August 3rd 03, 10:49 PM
Perdita X. Dream

Versy Tyle wrote:
[...]

There's only one reply you'll get here - Canon, either the i850 or the i950.
I'll get one as soon as someone tells me whether it's capable of printing on
banner/photo roll paper.

--
Perdita X. Dream

Please help us to help you
http://groups.google.com
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Please note that the reply address is fake.
Keep all posts to the groups as private requests for assistance
(i.e. email/IM) cannot be acknowledged. Thank you.

Old August 4th 03, 11:57 AM
Perdita X. Dream

Bill wrote:
Perdita X. Dream wrote:

There's only one reply you'll get here - Canon, either the i850 or the
i950. I'll get one as soon as someone tells me whether it's capable of
printing on banner/photo roll paper.

It seems my post I wrote this morning never made it out...but yes they
can print on banner paper. I don't know if anyone other than Epson makes
rolls of photo paper though since the Epson paper isn't the best choice
for these printers.

I'm sure there are others - it's just that I happened to have a roll of
Epson in the cupboard. Thanks for that, I'll start checking prices!

Old August 4th 03, 11:58 AM
Perdita X. Dream

Safetymom123 wrote:
You will other answers. Epson. Also Epson is the only one that can print
on roll paper.

You sure? Bill's just told me otherwise. How do I print panoramics then?

--
Perdita X. Dream

Please help us to help you
http://groups.google.com
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Please note that the reply address is fake.
Keep all posts to the groups as private requests for assistance
(i.e. email/IM) cannot be acknowledged. Thank you.

pc problems after g card upgrade + sp2 ben reed Homebuilt PC's 9 November 30th 04 02:04 AM
Problem installing USB printers on Dell 4500 Paul Filion Dell Computers 14 August 22nd 04 11:51 AM
Dell printer 960 gringo Dell Computers 5 April 9th 04 07:26 AM
all in one printer advice Deathwalker Printers 2 July 24th 03 06:19 AM
Advice for suitable printer pls -keevill- Printers 0 July 23rd 03 02:13 AM