MCE and commercial tapes

Old February 10th 05, 05:03 PM
HillBillyBuddhist

Default MCE and commercial tapes

I have a VCR placed inline through coax to my Dell MCE PC. Up until today
I've
been able to watch all tapes with the PC tuner set to channel 3. No STBs.
Straight coax to tuner from the VCR.

This morning I am not able to watch any commercial tapes. It plays about 20
seconds looking normal then goes to a blank screen rotating red blue and
green. Home made tapes (i.e.. recorded TV or tapes made with video camera)
still all play fine so I'm guessing it might have to do with Macrovision
protection.

The mystery is that I'd not had this problem previously. I did try a
different VCR and changing the output channel to 4 with the same results.

The only recent changes made were the recent round of 10 Windows critical
updates. I didn't see anything there specific to Media Center. One wonders
if they "slipped" something in.

Any similar experiences or suggestions?

Additionally does anyone have a link (non Dell) for support on the Emuzed
Angel card? I've looked at http://www.emuzed.com/ but it doesn't seem to be
a listed product.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Dell Dimension 8400 MCE
Pentium® 4 Processor 540 (3.20GHz, 800 FSB)
Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 400MHz (2x512M)
Video Card 128MB PCI ExpressT x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI RadeonT X300 SE
Hard Drive 160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Emuzed Angel Dual TV Tuner with Remote Control

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Old February 10th 05, 06:35 PM
HillBillyBuddhist

"apdicenzo" wrote in message
what do you have for a tv tuner card ,is mce 2005 edtion

System stats are included in my post.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.