Dell strikes again!

Old February 24th 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
WSZsr

Default Dell strikes again!

Purchased a refurbished Optiplex 745 USFF which I received Tuesday. It was
a very noisy system. It has a HD fan plus two other fans in a very small
case. It was impossible to tell which fan was making the noise. My XPS 410
with two HDs is very quiet.

I clicked on the Dell chat line and after a short wait, I supplied the
information requested by the tech. I explained the issue and after several
minutes of nothing, the tech informed me that I was in the wrong chat
line??? He then transferred me to a different?? chat line.

I provided the same info and after several more minutes, the tech told me
that I was in the wrong chat line again! How many chat lines are there?

After being transferred again, I provided the required information for the
third time. After several minutes of pondering the noise issue, the third
tech informed me that I was in the wrong chat line. I typed a terse "you
guys are jerking me around"! and disconnected the chat.

This time I called customer service and told the agent that tech support had
broken my will to continue and that I wanted to return the system. He
immediately complied and arranged for a pickup of the system.

After providing me with the DPS number, I told him that I would prefer to
have the system exchanged. He explained that only tech support could handle
an exchange. I told him if he could transfer me to a capable tech support
person, I would try for an exchange. He agreed.

Next I was speaking to a tech person in India. After asking for a system
exchange, he put me on hold to read the system notes. After about 5 minutes
he came back and said that Dell had already refunded my money and that it
was too late to exchange the system.

I then gave up and returned the system.

They really try hard to screw things up! Hope Michael can solve their
problems.

Old February 24th 07, 10:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"WSZsr" wrote in message
news
[...]

Wow. How in heck does an Optiplex wind up in an overseas call center?
Default 1-year mail-in warranty?

Second, since online chat is routed via the service tag or express code the
only way you could be "in the wrong line" would be if DELL's routing system
placed you there?!?

What're you going to do to replace this one?

Old February 24th 07, 12:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
WSZsr

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"WSZsr" wrote in message
news
[...]

Still considering my options.

Old February 24th 07, 02:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Notan

S.Lewis wrote:

snip

Wow. How in heck does an Optiplex wind up in an overseas call center?

I didn't think the 745 has been out long enough to make it possible to
be out of a 1 year warranty, yet.

Second, since online chat is routed via the service tag or express code the
only way you could be "in the wrong line" would be if DELL's routing system
placed you there?!?

To WSZ -

What warranty came with the system?

--
Notan

Old February 25th 07, 12:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"WSZsr" wrote in message
Standard three year Optiplex

Some of those Optiplex models no longer have that traditional 3-yr/onsite
warranty I recently noticed.

I thought that may have been a distinguishing difference/factor in reaching
overseas support versus domestic. Perhaps only gold support is domestic. ?

So a 3-year warranty on an Opti guarantees essentially nothing with regard
to domestic support.

ugh.