PCL language and HP 8150 DN printer

Old March 10th 06, 11:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default PCL language and HP 8150 DN printer

A question I posted the other day seems to be partially solved. Here is
the "unsolved" part.

We have an HP 8150 DN printer (with 4 input and 3 output trays). The
intention is to have a separator sheet (on colored paper from tray 2)
to precede jobs (white, letter-sized paper from the high-capacity tray
4). We want the separator + output to come out on the high-capacity
stacker (on the lower left). We can't force the separator sheet to come
out on that tray - depending on which PCL options we use - the colored
sheet comes out in the top bin/tray, or the upper left bin - never to
the lower left bin.

One of the HP support documents
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...tI D=bpl02705
has PCL codes for paper destinations (and the resulting output
destinations of the colored separator page we get):

Ec&l0G - Autoselect (top)
Ec&l1G - Top Output Bin (top)
Ec&l2G - Left Output Bin (upper left)

Is there a PCL code for the lower left bin/tray for this type of
printer? Any other way of forcing the separator page to go into the
same tray as the rest of the job? The letter-sized paper produced by
the jobs come out (correctly) into the lower left bin.

Old March 30th 06, 10:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

The "PCL 5 Comparison Guide Addendum" document only gives the
following (LaserJet 8150 series is column 2; the boxes represent "OK";
"ns" = "not supported"). Using # = 3 or greater assumes # = 2 (upper
left output tray). I can't "define" the lower high-capacity output bin.
Any ideas?

Output (Media) Bin ?&l#G
Automatic [0] ns ns ns ns
Destination Tray 1 [1] ns ✓ ✓ ✓
Destination Tray 2 [2] ns ✓ ✓ ✓
Destination Tray 3 [3] ns ns ns ns

Christoph Lindemann wrote:
You can find this information in the latest "PCL 5 Comparison Guide", which
can be downloaded from HP developer site.

Or you can download it from:
http://undocprint.printassociates.co..._languages/pcl

--
Christoph Lindemann