Please HELP with FLAC files

Old September 2nd 05, 01:43 AM
Lee

Default Please HELP with FLAC files

Sorry if this question has already been asked here many times
previously, but I'm quite frustrated and don't know what else to do
other than asking for help here. I just received some FLAC music files
on a CD-R through a trade with someone, but so far unfortunately
they're completely useless to me until I can convert them to WAV files
that I can then burn to a new CD-R. Could anyone who can please help?
It'll be greatly appreciated - thanks.

The trader told me to go to http://flac.sourceforge.net/, and so I did,
and then went to its download page. I downloaded "FLAC 1.1.2 for
Windows with installer" (because my PC runs on Windows XP), but when I
tried running/opening the FLAC112A.EXE file that resulted, I get the
following "NSIS Error" message -

"The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This
could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus."

So then I tried downloading "FLAC 1.1.2 for Windows (tools only)"
(because I don't know what the hell else to do!), and also tried
downloading older versions such as 1.1.1, but maddeningly, none of them
work! I get these ZIP files that I have to extract (or extract from -
or whatever the hell you call it), then find that I have a few
different application/executable files (and a bunch of other files),
but when I try clicking on each of them, all I get is a quick flash of
a black window that disappears as soon as it appears. So what the hell
do I try now? I have already spent much more time on this than I
really should have to (including having to write this lengthy message),
and again, I'm now quite frustrated. So again, could anyone who can
please try to help me? It'll be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Old September 2nd 05, 01:54 AM
Bob Knowlden

I've never used it to convert a FLAC file, but this freeware might be worth
a try:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1041539980/1

(It's a 13 MB download.) If the link expires, the software is GX Transcoder.

Addres scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

oups.com...

Old September 2nd 05, 02:35 AM
cahgoonis

I use db power amp found he http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
I can't remember, but you may need to download the flac plugin also found on
that site.

oups.com...

Old September 2nd 05, 03:05 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Lee wrote:

[...]

Maybe the file is indeed corrupted. Download from he
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FLAC.htm
'

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Mikey S-lickers have been able to prove ANY of the following is)
( a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

What an Asshole
Old September 2nd 05, 03:52 AM
yeltz

Lee wrote:
Sorry if this question has already been asked here many times
previously, but I'm quite frustrated and don't know what else to do
other than asking for help here. I just received some FLAC music files
on a CD-R through a trade with someone, but so far unfortunately
they're completely useless to me until I can convert them to WAV files
that I can then burn to a new CD-R. Could anyone who can please help?
It'll be greatly appreciated - thanks.

--snip--

Download the FLAC Front End application. It's quite small.
http://members.home.nl/w.speek/flac.htm
With this program you will be able to convert your FLAC files into the
WAV format.
Tip: Make sure you specify a different "Output directory" (espescially
if you are converting straight from the CD-R)

Old September 2nd 05, 05:09 AM
Nil

On 01 Sep 2005, "yeltz" wrote in
ups.com:

Download the FLAC Front End application. It's quite small.
http://members.home.nl/w.speek/flac.htm

FLAC Frontend is included in the sourceforge Windows distribution. In
fact, the one available at the address you mention is older than the
one from sourceforge.

Old September 2nd 05, 01:05 PM
Ellis

"Lee" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry if this question has already been asked here many times
previously, but I'm quite frustrated and don't know what else to do
other than asking for help here. I just received some FLAC music files
on a CD-R through a trade with someone, but so far unfortunately
they're completely useless to me until I can convert them to WAV files
that I can then burn to a new CD-R. Could anyone who can please help?
It'll be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Do a google for the Yahoo Music Engine. It will play Flac's, no problem.
(And it is free)

Ellis

Old September 3rd 05, 02:05 AM
Lee

Just want to say thanks very much to everyone for all the help. I've
managed to get the problem(s) resolved. Again, thanks.