HP 5si page count zeros when turned off

Old June 26th 03, 07:28 PM
GTO69RA4

Default HP 5si page count zeros when turned off

Hmm. Looks like something's still a little off. Formatter comes up as A99999.

John

I think the formatter number is embedded on the formatter.
Paul

Old June 27th 03, 03:45 AM
Marek Williams

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:54:25 -0400, FredFarkle
dijo:

I should add for the OP that HP has WebJetAdmin software that you can
download and install. Using the software you can then download
firmware updates directly to the printer from HP's website. I did this
recently for my five-year old 5Si and was surprised to learn that
there was an update, and fairly recent, too. Didn't make any
difference in the way it worked (never any problems before), but it
was interesting that HP was still making updates for this printer.

Good luck with your 5Si. It will run forever, Mine has 2.5 million
impression on it and performs like the day it was new. You just throw
new toner carts in it and occasionally a maintenance kit, and it will
run forever.

Oh, and get your supplies on eBay. I rarely pay over $30 for a
remanufactured cart there, and maintenance kits go for $125-150 or so.
You'll need a maintenance kit at 350,000 pages, although you can't
really tell with yours due to its unfortunate history. (I'm really
crying, it's sad to hear of anyone throwing away a 5Si -- but I'm glad
it now has a new home.)

--
Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.

Upgrade Report [GeekTech: RTFM Part 2, Beyond the Printed Page - 06/29/2004] Ablang General 0 July 2nd 04 03:19 AM
Win2K page file R Thompson Overclocking AMD Processors 3 May 9th 04 02:06 PM
Price cut page? bioderm Overclocking 0 April 22nd 04 12:14 AM
Invalid page fault using Nero Cover Designer (Nero Burning Rom 6) jack Cdr 0 November 3rd 03 10:05 PM
Windows page file HMSDOC Homebuilt PC's 5 October 22nd 03 09:00 PM