Sickness strikes again

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 17th 19, 01:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Sickness strikes again

Found an interesting DAC.

https://headfonics.com/2016/12/the-adi-2-pro-by-rme/

I'm running up to a possible only a 1/18 to 3/9 sample rate of WASAPI
384Khz, and it would take an Apple to double that. Good Sol Apple
strikes again.

Problem is a spare couple of thousand dollars, so looking for it to go
on sale for $20. (I might seriously consider the non-pro model for
$100, provided the front panel feature links (parametric EQ and such)
weren't curtailed.)

My idea modern stuff I've experienced for inroads, for all its
advancements, craps out too soon from basic power supply design
deficiency issues and such.

Japanese chipped ADI-2, FWIW: Everybody wants at least 64-times audio
sampling rates, I guess. to adjust for quantization artifacts to
aliasing in the high-frequency delta-sigma ADC domain.

Kits may be an interesting alternative outlay, notably when they gain
cost value at production weight according to marketing significance
and popularity.

But I'm done spending money. A $2000 DAC ... naaaghhh.