7n400 Pro2 Heatsink Replacement?

Old August 10th 04, 07:06 AM
Mal

Default 7n400 Pro2 Heatsink Replacement?

Been looking at replacing the existing stock hs/fan on my 2800+ to stop it
overheating ... anyone got any recommendations?

Read a few reviews and the Zalman 7000 series looked ideal but it won't fit
on the board according to the Zalman site, the 6000's will and I'm leaning
towards getting one of those unless there's a better solution out there. I
want the cpu temp. down but I still want my hearing to be intact after a
session at the pc.

system currently has these drives installed 2x 120Gb IDE, CDR, DVD-R and 2x
30Gb IDE raid ... FX5900xt and Audigy2 are the only cards installed. While
I'm sending this the temps reported by MBM are Case 38c and CPU 68c.

Old August 10th 04, 10:23 AM
Marcus Lungarotti

Hi,

Mal wrote:

Been looking at replacing the existing stock hs/fan on my 2800+ to stop it
overheating ... anyone got any recommendations?

I use the GA-N400L together with an Aerocool HT-101 cooler and an Athlon
XP 3000+. Works pretty fine and is not noisy to me.
http://www.aerocool.com.tw

Bye
Marcus