New nForce Unified Driver 5.10 and sound problems

Old September 18th 04, 01:42 PM
Per Nielsen

Default New nForce Unified Driver 5.10 and sound problems

Hi.

I'm running an Abit NF7-S rev2.0. When I was running the 4.24 nForce Unified
Drivers everything was fine and dandy. The two latest versions (4.27 and
5.10) are giving me soundproblems with the buildin Soundstorm. The sound is
very low. I have to turn my speakers up to max level, just to have the sound
at a normal level. If I go back to the 4.24 drivers the sound is normal
again. Anybody else experiencing this, and are there any solutions?

Old September 18th 04, 11:03 PM
- HAL9000

Be sure your "play control" settings are correct.

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

Old September 18th 04, 11:23 PM
Per Nielsen

- HAL9000 wrote:
Be sure your "play control" settings are correct.

Seems to me they are. I've changed nothing. Right now I'm back on 4.24, but
I had to uninstall 5.10 through the Controlpanel to get it working right.
Maybe that's the problem? I installed 5.10 on top of the 4.24, I probably
should have uninstalled 4.24 first. I'll try that later.

Old September 19th 04, 05:36 AM
Little TeaPot

I just did an over the top install, ill test my audio, what games, ect
are you haveing probs with ???

Old September 19th 04, 08:53 AM
Per Nielsen

Little TeaPot wrote:
I just did an over the top install, ill test my audio, what games, ect
are you haveing probs with ???

The sound is over all very low, it's not only with some games, applications
etc.. And I can't find any changed settings that should be causing it.
Strange.

Maybe I'll just have to stick with 4.24. They work fine. Hope I'm not
missing out on some very needed changes with later revisions ;-)