Replacing waste ink pads in Epson R800 printer

Old March 23rd 09, 04:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
wilsok

Default Replacing waste ink pads in Epson R800 printer

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have an Epson R800 Printer which works
fine. I have had previous Epson printers that I replaced the ink pads
in and I thought I would do that on this printer before I got the
service message. I already have the utlity to reset the counter. Is
there any instructions available for doing this and can replacement pads
be purchased. It does appear a bit more complicated in this printer
than my previous one. Thanks for your help

Old March 25th 09, 12:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Unfortunately, Epson stopped supporting the front panel button presses
to reset the waste ink protection numbers about 3 or so years ago,
because the information became too available. The newer models,
including the R1800 require a software solution.

For the R1800, one can either get the software from Epson is your unit
is a North American Serial Number at:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...nkPadsForm.jsp

Or possibly the SSC software will work.

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Pad replacement is somewhat of a hassle, both in terms of finding
replacement pads and dismantling your printer. A usually better
solution is to reset the waste ink monitor and to extend teh waste ink
tube(s) outside of the printer and into a bottle.

For more details in this regard check out the following links as
examples of some ways to do this:

http://www.inkrepublic.com/WasteInkKit.asp

http://www.inkrepublic.com/Knowledgebase/WasteInk.asp

http://www.inkrepublic.com/Knowledge...00WasteInk.asp

http://www.inkrepublic.com/Knowledge...00WasteInk.asp

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Joel wrote:
wilsok wrote:

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have an Epson R800 Printer which works
fine. I have had previous Epson printers that I replaced the ink pads
in and I thought I would do that on this printer before I got the
service message. I already have the utlity to reset the counter. Is
there any instructions available for doing this and can replacement pads
be purchased. It does appear a bit more complicated in this printer
than my previous one. Thanks for your help

Each model has different KEY pressed combination, so I would suggest you
to GOOGLE for the Key Pressed combination.

Google was where I found the key combo for my Epson Stylus 900 which I had
the waste ink pads cleaned (I cleaned instead of replace) twice. While
searching for the Key Combination for the Epson 900 I ran into many other
models.