Printer confusion

Old May 10th 14, 03:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
ClueLess

Default Printer confusion

On Fri, 9 May 2014 08:04:18 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:

It's actually the DeskJet 2600 family and specifically the DeskJet 2668
model.

The "K109-z" is a variant called the DeskJet Advantage and may be a Europena
market version.

However, the URL for the DeskJet 2668 WinXP/32 drivers and software is below
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3837202

I already have both the proper drivers installed.

The problem is XP detects in random the K109 or D2600 printer without
any visual or other indication. So when I print some page the
application shows D2600 whereas the OS has chosen K109. So it does not
print. Change to K109 and print works but the print queue already have
the D2600 stuff.This has to be removed after stopping the print
service and removing the file. All very bothersome.

I am looking for a solution to this problem
--
Thanks for your response

ClueLess
Old May 11th 14, 01:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "ClueLess"

wrote:

[...]

Disconnect the printer from the PC.

Remove the Printer Assignments from the computer.

Go to Control Panel and use the applet "Add/Remove Progrmas" and remove ALL
software associated with the K109 and D2600 printers.

Reboot the PC.

Install ONLY the XP drivers for the D2600 printer from the URL I provided.
Connect the printer after the software tells you to.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old May 14th 14, 03:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
ClueLess

On Sun, 11 May 2014 08:19:52 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:

Disconnect the printer from the PC.

Remove the Printer Assignments from the computer.

Go to Control Panel and use the applet "Add/Remove Progrmas" and remove ALL
software associated with the K109 and D2600 printers.

Reboot the PC.

Install ONLY the XP drivers for the D2600 printer from the URL I provided.
Connect the printer after the software tells you to.

Many thanks for the suggestion and I followed it to the letter.

Now before I could start printing the plug and play in XP says I have
to install drivers for K109a-z which it has detected !!!

I think that there is a problem in the printer firmware. I have now
posted this problem to the HP Printer forum. Let me say what they
deliver.
--
Thanks again
ClueLess
Old May 15th 14, 05:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "ClueLess"

wrote:

Disconnect the printer from the PC.

Remove the Printer Assignments from the computer.

Go to Control Panel and use the applet "Add/Remove Progrmas" and remove
ALL
software associated with the K109 and D2600 printers.

Reboot the PC.

Install ONLY the XP drivers for the D2600 printer from the URL I
provided.
Connect the printer after the software tells you to.

Many thanks for the suggestion and I followed it to the letter.

Now before I could start printing the plug and play in XP says I have
to install drivers for K109a-z which it has detected !!!

I think that there is a problem in the printer firmware. I have now
posted this problem to the HP Printer forum. Let me say what they
deliver.

Thanx for the update. Let us know what results you obtain.

Printer confusion ClueLess Printers 1 May 9th 14 06:15 PM
vuescan and r800 printer confusion Andre C Scanners 0 February 24th 06 09:06 PM
vuescan and r800 printer confusion Andre C Scanners 0 February 22nd 06 10:27 PM
200 gig confusion Josh Asus Motherboards 7 August 24th 04 12:42 AM
AGP Confusion Colin General 4 November 18th 03 05:20 PM