abit / P3

Old July 26th 03, 05:43 PM
nobodaddy

Default abit / P3

Hi

I'm a bit thick.

I have an old Abit SL6 sock370 with a 1gig P3 256 133. I've just bought a
rocketraid 1520 s-ata card, 2 s-ata baracudas & an Asus V9520/TV GeForceFX.
These are for when I scrape the ££ together to get a new 533 board and a
3gig HT P4.

I want to use these HDs and graphics meantime with my abit board until I get
my new board, can anyone tell me if there will be any issues, such as
voltage issues with the graphics card - I have read that, despite being an
8x card, it is backwards compatible to AGP 2 (4x) so this should be ok
right?

I am keen to try overclocking my memory - is this a bad idea? - can anyone
point me in the direction of an idiots guide to doing this?

Also, the abit is supposed to take 512mb ram - I have never managed to get
it to boot with any two matching sticks, therefore, it will only go up to
448 with 64 + 128 + 256 at 133mhz. Does the 512 in the manual and on the
abit website refer to pc100? or might I have to do something in the bios?

Is it possible to clock the CPU beyond 1gig, given that this is the max cpu
speed supported? If so, again, can someone point out an idiot's guide?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy

Old July 26th 03, 10:51 PM
Rick

Some recent video cards operate at 1.5v ONLY. If yours does not
support 3.3v operation do NOT install it in the SL6.

Abit KV8 Pro Wad AMD x86-64 Processors 3 July 31st 04 05:25 PM
Last/Fastest cB0 stepped 'gray zone' Celerons work natively on Abit ZM6/BM6? pgtr General 15 July 9th 04 07:29 PM
Abit KV8-MAX3 board Dgoner AMD x86-64 Processors 0 March 19th 04 07:32 AM
Im pissed at ABIT ! Continuing ABIT kx7-333R woes [email protected] General 2 January 3rd 04 08:54 AM
Help OC'ing 2.4c 800 fsb in Abit IC7-G Larry Webb Overclocking 1 July 13th 03 06:16 PM