Audigy 2 install - "windows has recovered from a serious error"

Old June 25th 03, 09:15 PM
Herb Kind

Default Audigy 2 install - "windows has recovered from a serious error"

That's the message I've been getting after most (but not all) reboots since
I installed my new Audigy 2 Platinum. For what it's worth, at the same time
that I did that install, I reconfigured my IDE drives. I had 2 hard drives
on one IDE cable and 2 optical drives on another. I had read that it's
better performance-wise to have your hard drives on different IDE cables, so
I figured since I had to move my drives around to make room for the Audigy 2
drive anyway, I'd go ahead and fix that too. My OS drive and CD-RW were
already both masters and I left them that way. I just swapped the DVD-ROM
and the 2nd hard drive. Anyway, when I first rebooted, XP recognized the
DVD-ROM, CD-RW and soundcard as new hardware and prompted me to install
drivers, etc. I only did so for the sound card since it was the only truly
new component. Any ideas on what's going on? My system seems to function
fine, but getting that error message is unnerving. Below are the details of
the error message. I'd appreciate any tips on how to fix this. I'm running
XP Pro, by the way. Thanks.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF802478 BCP3 : F25488D0
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

Old June 25th 03, 10:06 PM
Kenneth E. Coakley

Odd... I got the same error message after installing my Audigy 2. But since
the initial install I have run the "Auto Update" feature on Creative's web
site to update my drivers and now the message has stopped.

Just a note: if you use the Auto Update feature, you have to run it and
reboot several times. It kept finding new updates each time I re-ran it.

Ken

thlink.net...