Timedemo benchmarks for Geforce 2 MX

Old August 5th 04, 05:20 PM
jafar

Default Timedemo benchmarks for Geforce 2 MX

Here we go

Test System:
AthlonXP 2000+
512Mb generic RAM
Geforce 2 MX
(All numbers in fps)

640x480 low detail - 8.2
640x480 med detail - 8.2
640x480 high detail- 7.8

800x600 low detail - 5.5
I didn't go further with that because it was starting to look like a
slideshow and was taking too long to complete

Now I decided to try some advanced setting tweaks. I turned off each
setting one by one to see what performance boost I would get.

All at 640x480 and low detail.

No Bump Mapping - 8.4
No Shadows - 11.5 (big difference)
No High Q Effects - 8.3
No Specular - 11.0 (Big difference again)

Now for the big one.

All advanced settings disabled (ugly mode) - 17.4

I'm now playing through in "ugly mode" and it is a whole new game. It was
only just playable with the auto defaults. Now I might just about be able
to survive an online match

So there you have it my fellow low spec people. That's how Doom3 will run
for you. Not to worry though. Only 2 more days until I'm basking in FX5700
bliss 8-)

Cheers!
--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623

Old August 5th 04, 06:54 PM
MheAd

Not to worry though. Only 2 more days until I'm basking in FX5700
bliss 8-)

....which, by the way, won't do much either. Of course, you will notice the
difference considering the fact what you've been using so far, but for an
Athlon 2000+ with 512MB RAM, if I would do graphic card upgrade-only, then I
wouldn't go any lower than GF5900XT.

Old August 5th 04, 07:20 PM
jafar

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 19:54:23 +0200, MheAd wrote:

Not to worry though. Only 2 more days until I'm basking in FX5700
bliss 8-)

...which, by the way, won't do much either. then I
wouldn't go any lower than GF5900XT.

Unfortunately that is beyond my budget at the moment. The 5700 is just an
interim to replace the GF4 ti4200 I fried. It is just about equivalent
especially if I overclock it a little. My next main task will be to save
up for a cpu upgrade. By that time a 6800 will be around 200 euros
I really need to be rid of the GF2. It even makes Enemy Territory a pain
to play on some maps.

Old August 5th 04, 07:32 PM
Jelle

"MheAd" schreef in bericht
Not to worry though. Only 2 more days until I'm basking in FX5700
bliss 8-)

...which, by the way, won't do much either. Of course, you will notice the
difference considering the fact what you've been using so far, but for an
Athlon 2000+ with 512MB RAM, if I would do graphic card upgrade-only, then

wouldn't go any lower than GF5900XT.

and 256/512mb extra wouldn't hurt either, especially when using memory
hungry xp.