Nvidia's History with Sega

Old June 16th 04, 09:08 AM
Buddee

"chrisv" wrote in message
"Pio" wrote:

R420,
I find your posts very interesting and relevant to this newsgroup (xbox),
keep on doing it. And keep on pasting the text, it is easier that way.

Stupid top poster. Ever hear of trimming?

lol

B.

Old June 16th 04, 09:13 AM
Buddee

"Zackman" wrote in message
need for speed wrote:

I believe you are thinking of the Diamond Edge 3D card.

snip

Did you guys really need to include all 13KB of the original post to add
your one paragraph responses? Just curious.

-Z-

Pardon me, but I don't get it. What's the big deal with everybody counting
bytes? Are you guys on dial ups or something?? Anybody who's buying Xbox's
or purchasing high end video cards should be able to fork over the big $25
for high speed. Is there something I'm missing??

B.

Old June 16th 04, 01:09 PM
Kendrick Kerwin Chua

In article , Buddee wrote:
"Zackman" wrote in message
need for speed wrote:

snip

Did you guys really need to include all 13KB of the original post to add
your one paragraph responses? Just curious.

Pardon me, but I don't get it. What's the big deal with everybody counting
bytes? Are you guys on dial ups or something?? Anybody who's buying Xbox's
or purchasing high end video cards should be able to fork over the big $25
for high speed. Is there something I'm missing??

As Usenet is a text-based medium, it's considered polite to edit posts and
include only relevant information in responses. Depending on your ISP,
some users are charged per message or per byte for news usage. This type
of limitation is not necessarily related to the speed of the connection or
any other limits on web-based downloads or other protocol usage. Giganews
is an example of a high-speed news service that bills you for each
kilobyte over a limit chosen when you subscribe to their service.

Also, note that interest in a topic does not necessarily demonstrate
financial or technological capbility. Web-based newsgroup access is free
in major urban areas of the United States through public services.

Please see the links below for guidelines on proper behavior on Usenet.
Thanks.

http://www.imagescape.com/helpweb/news/newsnet.html
http://www.advicemeant.com/netiquet/usenet.shtml
http://www.fau.edu/netiquette/net/elec.html

-KKC
--
-- "I'm going to put a nickel in this jar every time I get - kendrick
a phone call from a mortgage company trying to make me - @io.com
Old June 16th 04, 02:17 PM
Zackman

N wrote:

XBox uses a NVidia chip, and the article was about the less known
history of NVidia. The article itself even mentions that.

So if I post a 13KB story about all the things my dearly departed grandma
used enjoy shoving into her wrinkly **** and mention that one of them was an
Xbox controller, that clears it for posting in this NG too? Excellent,
thanks.

Ancient history about the Nvidia line and its ties with Sega, plus a brief
mention of the Nvidia chips used in the Xbox, neither warrants it being
posted to the Xbox group nor warrants it be posted in its entirety PERIOD
when an excerpt and a link would suffice. But if you want to support the
obsessions of a known spammer, troll and would-be identity thief, that's
your perogative. In that case I also suggest you do a Google search for a
user named Cygnus in alt.games.video.xbox to get an idea of his previous
activities in these groups. Here, lemme help:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...&btnG=Sea rch

-Z-

Old June 16th 04, 02:19 PM
Mr. Brian Allen

As Usenet is a text-based medium, it's considered polite to edit posts and
include only relevant information in responses. Depending on your ISP,
some users are charged per message or per byte for news usage. This type
of limitation is not necessarily related to the speed of the connection or
any other limits on web-based downloads or other protocol usage. Giganews
is an example of a high-speed news service that bills you for each
kilobyte over a limit chosen when you subscribe to their service.

So switch to a free service. There are at least 100 free newsgroup servers
available on the net, and they can be found with a simple internet search.

http://www.newzbot.com/

Wow, that was tough! It took me about 2 minutes to find. Now everybody can
shut up.

Old June 16th 04, 02:21 PM
Zackman

Mr. Brian Allen wrote:

So switch to a free service. There are at least 100 free newsgroup
servers available on the net, and they can be found with a simple
internet search.

It has less to do with the size of the post and more to do with scrolling
past 13KB of previously read, twice-quoted text to get to your pithy
response buried at the bottom. And frankly, it's a wonder anybody bothers.

http://www.newzbot.com/

Wow, that was tough! It took me about 2 minutes to find. Now
everybody can shut up.

So if I find you a website on painless methods of suicide, will you shut up?
Becuase that's about as relevant as your response.

-Z-

Old June 16th 04, 02:56 PM
Kendrick Kerwin Chua

In article ,
Mr. Brian Allen wrote:
As Usenet is a text-based medium, it's considered polite to edit posts and
include only relevant information in responses. Depending on your ISP,
some users are charged per message or per byte for news usage. This type
of limitation is not necessarily related to the speed of the connection or
any other limits on web-based downloads or other protocol usage. Giganews
is an example of a high-speed news service that bills you for each
kilobyte over a limit chosen when you subscribe to their service.

So switch to a free service. There are at least 100 free newsgroup servers
available on the net, and they can be found with a simple internet search.

http://www.newzbot.com/

Wow, that was tough! It took me about 2 minutes to find. Now everybody can
shut up.

Free Usenet providers don't necessarily offer all the services (and all
the groups) of a pay service. Moreover, many of these free services don't
offer direct NNTP connections. Pay services exist because people are
willing to pay for them.

It's my opinion that the issue of quoting and top-posting is less about
the cost of the service and more about simple human courtesy. I apologize
for bringing up an argument that wasn't necessarily wholly relevant.

-KKC, who'd claim to be a mensch but doing so generally invalidates the
claim. That, and there's no yiddish comprehension west of Jersey.
Old June 16th 04, 07:11 PM
Robert P Holley

Darthy wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 01:01:28 -0400, "Zackman"
wrote:

R420 wrote:

found a few old articles on Nvidia's early years.

Could you at least keep your spamming confined to current news? And/or
provide a link with excerpts instead of cutting and pasting the whole
****ing article?

Eat poo

Nothing wrong with the post.

- - - - -
Remember: In the USA - it is dangeroud to draw or write about Heir Bush in a negative way. The police or SS are called, people threaten to kill you. (What country is this again?)

- 15yr old boy in Washington was disciplined for drawing such images.
- White House blows cover of an undercover agent because her husband said there were no WMD (before the USA started the war) - her job was finding terrorist. (This makes sense?)
God bless the land of the free. Where you can burn the Constitution... Ashcroft does it every day.

You're an idiot.
Old June 16th 04, 08:23 PM
Mr. Brian Allen

It has less to do with the size of the post and more to do with scrolling
past 13KB of previously read, twice-quoted text to get to your pithy
response buried at the bottom. And frankly, it's a wonder anybody bothers.

My post was 2KB.

So if I find you a website on painless methods of suicide, will you shut
up?
Becuase that's about as relevant as your response.

I'm trying to discover the relevancy of any of your postings. You've now
made 6 postings in this thread bitching about the existence of the thread.
Smart.

Old June 16th 04, 08:29 PM
R420

"Zackman" wrote in message ...
need for speed wrote:

I believe you are thinking of the Diamond Edge 3D card.

snip

Did you guys really need to include all 13KB of the original post to add
your one paragraph responses? Just curious.

-Z-

for ****s sake "ZACKMAN" STFU already. nobody gives a flying ****
that you don't like my threads. nobody. yet you continue responding to
most of my posts by BITCHING. you're a joke. a sad, sad joke.

have fun constantly replying and wasting your time!

Nvidia's 'Nalu' vs ATI's 'Ruby' duralisis Nvidia Videocards 1 April 17th 04 08:33 PM
IE6 and History Graeme General 5 January 20th 04 01:16 PM
What's up with NVidia's pricing? tq96 Nvidia Videocards 4 September 12th 03 07:25 PM
Nintendo and ATI: A History Radeon350 Ati Videocards 4 August 17th 03 09:31 PM
Can I Use nVidia's Drivers, or do I need Medion's? Juha Suoranta Nvidia Videocards 1 August 16th 03 12:17 AM