Compro VideoMate Cinema (n-vidia TV card)

Old June 20th 04, 07:50 AM
Jim

Default Compro VideoMate Cinema (n-vidia TV card)

I'm struggling with the software that Compro supply. In particular the
Compro PVR. The original version shipped with the CD (V 1.1) has
problems starting. It has to be started many times before it finally
locks on. Later versions fix this particular problem, but they suffer
from dropout and general instability. Mine (now at V 1654) only stays in
record mode for max 15 minutes and minimum of 1 minute. This is just not
workable. It driving me nuts.

The earlier versions would not output 25 fps PAL video files, the later
ones do and the quality is generally Ok.

Before I trot out all the version numbers etc I need to get feedback
from anyone running this hardware / software combo on XP successfully.

Alternatively has anyone found 3rd party software that works as well as
Compro (when it's working). ChrisTV 3.7 seems nearly there except for
the quality.

Compro have been (sort of) helpful. The replies are brief but they don't
attempt to address the real problems. The latest suggestion is to throw
this hardware out and buy all new Compro TV capture cards. Presumably
they know all about the problems and know that the new hardware is Ok.
This doesn't help me.

--
Jim