Drivers will not install

Old April 15th 04, 11:58 PM
Sonnsa Beechis

Default Drivers will not install

I am using the GeForce2 MX 400. I have a dual boot system with Win2K and Win
98SE on separate partitions. The Win2K drivers install and work just fine. They
are v 53.03. In the case of 98 SE, I am unable to install the drivers at all and am
stuck with a 640X480 resolution. I get the following error message from setup:

Setup Error, "Setup was unable to locate any NVIDIA graphics chips on
this system. The installation will be terminated."

I have tried at least a dozen different driver versions from the newest down to
about version 7, and all refuse to install exiting with the same error message. Any
help with this problem will be appreciated.

Sonny

Old April 16th 04, 04:21 AM
Homer

Make sure you downloaded the ones for windows 98. If you try to install the
wrong ones it will look like it finished the install but nothing happens. I
watch my son try to load 98 drivers on a xp box and each time the computer
started up it didn't have the drivers loaded. Go to nvidia and download the
drivers again and start over.

Homer

Old April 22nd 04, 06:58 PM
Jeffs PC

Yeah, the older drivers work better with WIN98 SE. None of the nvidia
installers with work with WIN 98 which sucks cuzz WIN 98 SE sucks more than
WIN98. I also noticed that sound storm doesnt get installed when using the
newer driver software either. I like the echo effects here.

Does this group also support nvidia motherboards??

able.rogers.com...

Old April 22nd 04, 07:10 PM
Jeffs PC

I have a P4R800-VM motherboard and have questions as to why it won't post.
Green light comes on then goes off and wont post. Nor will it supply power
to the HDD, Floppy or CDRW. Everything is brand new. The CPU is supported by
this board and is an Intel P4 2.8EGHz Prescott. The power supply and all
drives have been tested and work in another machine. I sent the motherboard
back to the manufacturer for repair and will be reinstalling this in a few
days. I am also using two Apacer 256MB single-sided chips in the blue slots,
part # 77.10636.19G.
Nvidia states the Part# 77.10636.18G has been tested to work on this board.
I contacted Apacer and the said these chips should work with this board.
Apacer quoted; "Thanks for contacting Apacer, The memory components for .18g
is Infinoen-winbond parts,
..19g is infinoen-SMIC parts. and that should work both".

Any help would be much appreciated!

Old April 22nd 04, 08:26 PM
DaveL

That's not an Nvidia motherboard. Nvidia has never even made a chipset for
an Intel processor. Your motherboard is from Asus and has an ATI IGP
chipset. Try posting to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

DaveL

Old April 22nd 04, 08:31 PM
DaveL

Well, I thought I'd take a crack at it anyway since I have nothing better to
do right now.

Do you have the cpu fan plugged into the correct header? Some mobos act
that way when you don't.

Maybe the power supply is not cut out for the power demanded of it. What
brand and power rating?

You could have something shorted. Try booting the motherboard outside of
the case with minimum configuration.

DaveL