QuadroView - what happened?

Old November 10th 03, 12:34 AM

Default QuadroView - what happened?

NVidia used to have & support a driver called QuadroView for CAD. Anyone
know what happened to this driver and why it seems to have disappeared
from all their sites and ftp as well? This driver was a positive selling
point for their graphic video boards. Ticks me off that they make one of
main included features of an expensive purchase just vanish.

Asked this of NVidia directly and they just gave me a non-answer.

Old November 10th 03, 01:37 AM
subedude

I think you can get quadro view at PNY.com.
They make the Quadro 4. and have all the latest drivers and some of Nvidia's
apps.

Old November 10th 03, 05:04 AM

Already went there and they no longer list QuadroView as a download.
Also, their currently selling Quadro boards no longer list this driver
as part of their currently marketed packages. Even LeadTek is not
listing QuadroView as being available. Who knows, maybe the old Elsa
people are the real developers.

My understanding was that this driver was NVidia property and that they
were the developers. Anyone know if this is so?

Old November 10th 03, 02:33 PM
Ed Medlin

Try here...... http://www.nvidia.com/object/certified_winxp They list
QuadroView and several other Quadro/CAD drivers.

Ed

wrote in message

NVidia used to have & support a driver called QuadroView for CAD. Anyone
know what happened to this driver and why it seems to have disappeared
from all their sites and ftp as well? This driver was a positive selling
point for their graphic video boards. Ticks me off that they make one of
main included features of an expensive purchase just vanish.

Asked this of NVidia directly and they just gave me a non-answer.

---

Old November 11th 03, 10:13 AM

Went to your link and did not see any QuadroView drivers. Was really
hoping someone would know and inform us as to what has happened to
QuadroView, specifically as to it's future support status by the
responsible people producing updates, etc. The dated version I have is
getting pretty shaky with more and more system level errors causing the
app to fail. It does appear from their site that NVidia is not including
this, QuadroView, with their latest graphic workstation level video
boards. Hope I'm wrong. Perhaps I'm up the 'ol crick without a paddle.