It is funny that... (AA&AF)

Old September 13th 03, 02:23 PM
not me

Default It is funny that... (AA&AF)

It is funny that everyone makes a big deal about running with full AA and AF
when most people won't run a game with it anyway.

I want the fastest framerates possible while playing Planetside online. The
faster it runs, the better chance I have of not dying.

The candy looks great when showing off my system, but when it comes to game
time...

Old September 13th 03, 02:42 PM
spamtrap@localhost

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:23:10 -0400, "not me" wrote:

It is funny that everyone makes a big deal about running with full AA and AF
when most people won't run a game with it anyway.

I don't run games without it.
Help make Usenet a better place:
Don't top post. Trim your messages to include only relevent text.
Old September 13th 03, 02:50 PM
Martin Eriksson

"not me" wrote in message
It is funny that everyone makes a big deal about running with full AA and

AF
when most people won't run a game with it anyway.

Not full AA/AF, that would be stupid. I run with 2x AA and 2x AF... that's
good for me, and much better than default.

/M

Old September 13th 03, 05:17 PM
ho alexandre

not me wrote:
It is funny that everyone makes a big deal about running with full AA and AF
when most people won't run a game with it anyway.

AA and AF is usually defined by the application, though power users can
force it too.

I want the fastest framerates possible while playing Planetside online. The
faster it runs, the better chance I have of not dying.

faster than 30fps is useless for a human being, you need a lot of fps
just in case there's a brutal drop, but having 150fps instead of 70 is
really useless.
Anyway, your reflexes are the weak link. What can you do in 20ms ?

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/

Old September 13th 03, 05:20 PM
spamtrap@localhost

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:17:58 +0200, ho alexandre
wrote:

faster than 30fps is useless for a human being

Get a clue before you go around spreading BS.
Old September 13th 03, 05:49 PM
ho alexandre

spamtrap@localhost wrote:
faster than 30fps is useless for a human being

Get a clue before you go around spreading BS.

I'm returning the answer to you ; and please stay polite with people on
Usenet. Cinematographic movies are played at 24fps (unless you only go
to Imax theatres, but I really doubt it).
[http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frame...umans_see.htm]

Old September 13th 03, 05:54 PM
spamtrap@localhost

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:49:43 +0200, ho alexandre
wrote:

Cinematographic movies are played at 24fps

And I can often sense the individual frames, it gives me a headache
sometimes.

Next clueless example?
Old September 13th 03, 05:55 PM
ho alexandre

not me wrote:
True, but I only use 2xAA not 8x which is what everyone seems to be ranting
about.

well, back 20 years ago, 16 colours were perfect. Just like some people
can detect if a compressed song was compressed with Lame, Frauhnofer or
OGG, some people may see the difference between FSAA4x and FSAA8x.

But I doubt it. I think all this has been perverted. The differences do
exist, that cannot be denied, but if you have to zoom-in 4 times on a
still image to see the difference, I think it's just a no-difference.
Has not anyone wondered why during reviews the journalists always have
to zoom-in on details to show that FSAA256x is (a bit) better than FSAA2x ?

Old September 13th 03, 08:55 PM
Mario Kadastik

wrote:

faster than 30fps is useless for a human being

Get a clue before you go around spreading BS.

Well actually your eye runs at 24fps. So 30fps should be quite fine
alredy. Are you disturbed while you watch movies ? If not then how in
the hell can you survive 25fps (movies are in 99% encoded at 25fps)???
There might be that over 30 fps might make things more smooth and you
could detect that in the long turn but for normal actions 30fps should
be just fine.

Mario