Chipset benchmarks/reviews

Old August 30th 03, 05:47 PM
Sept1967

Default Chipset benchmarks/reviews

Does anyone know of a site, where the different nVidia chips (GF2, GF3, GF4
Ti, FX, ect) are benchmarked against each other?

I would like to see what FX card really outperforms my GF4 4200 128mb 8x MSI
card. And if it is worth the price or not for DX9.

Old August 30th 03, 06:48 PM
Too_Much_Coffee ®

"Sept1967" sept1967@highstream.{erase}net wrote in message
Does anyone know of a site, where the different nVidia chips (GF2, GF3,

GF4
Ti, FX, ect) are benchmarked against each other?

I would like to see what FX card really outperforms my GF4 4200 128mb 8x

MSI
card. And if it is worth the price or not for DX9.

Go to www.tomshardware.com and look at the older Ti4200 card review and note
some of the numbers and then look at the ATI 9600 Pro review and compare.
The Ti 4200 is a very good performer. It's hard to upgrade without going to
one of the high priced cards. I certainly wouldn't get a FX5600 Ultra even
though it's faster with AA and AN turned on. The improvement just wouldn't
be enough.

Too_Much_Coffee ®

Old August 31st 03, 12:50 AM
Sept1967

Thanks. I was looking at that one, but didn't want the extra confusion of
ATI cards. I was looking for more of a GeForce or FX comparason. I know my
8x 4200 still kicks butt.

Old September 3rd 03, 06:02 AM
iamnotme

Go here...