GeForce ti4200 Blank Screen on high resolution

Old July 10th 03, 02:58 PM
Bratboy

Default GeForce ti4200 Blank Screen on high resolution

you might try going to settings / display / advanced /adapter & select the
list all modes button and specifically select 1280 x1024 32 bit 60 hz and
see if that works. I run into a simular problem if I have "allow all rates"
option checked under the monitor tab as then switching from 1024x 768 at
100hz to 1280 x 1024 it tries to keep the 100 setting instead of dropping to
85 which is my monitors spec recomendation.
Hope it helps
Just Jess

"onechanceo0o" wrote in message
m...
I recently have been experiencing problems with setting the resolution
on my desktop for Windows XP. The manufacturer recommended resolution
for my Viewsonic monitor is 1280x1024 @60hz 32-bit. I have been
running at this resolution for about 4 months up until now, heres how
the problem started:

I recently bought a second 80GB hard drive for my computer, and
decided to wipe the slate clean, and have a full NTFS (Windows XP)
partition on the master drive and a 50/50 split between Linux Redhat 9
and an NTFS storage partition on the slave drive. I am dual booting
to Linux using windows boot.ini. Everything went fine on the OS
installations.

When i'm in linux no prob @ 1280x1024. In XP with no nvidia video
drivers loaded i can run @ 1280x1024. As soon as i install the
detonator drivers (40.72 came w/ card) in XP and up the resolution the
screen goes blank and system hangs, does not go back to previous
setting after 15 seconds like supposed to. Tried new drivers off
nvidia site, same problem. I can only run at 1024x768 max w/ both old
& new drivers.

Is this a directX problem? A driver problem? mobo or video Bios
problem? ServicePack problem? In what order do i install drivers, XP
updates, Service Packs?

I have always kept up to date on mobo bios updates and video driver
updates. Is it possible that the newer detonator drivers updated my
video bios wrong? i can't seem to fix even after a clean install.

Asus A7N8X dlx rev 1.04 (Bios 1004)
2x 80GB Maxtor 60Y080L0
GeForce4 ti4200 128mb
Viewsonic VG700 LCD
Windows XP Home

Sorry for the long post. seen other similar posts for this problem
with no real solution. any suggestions please. this is driving me
nuts because it has never been a problem before.

thanks

-AJ