problem with tv-out on radeon 7500

Old August 29th 04, 10:35 AM
grayseal

Default problem with tv-out on radeon 7500

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with the following problem. A couple of months
ago my tv out failed. As far as i know I hadn't installed any additional
programs. I went to display settings and I saw that the window with the tv
connection had a big red cross over it and I couldn't change it. I contacted
ATI support center and they advised me to install the newest driver which I
subsequently did, the catalyst. But still nothing. I had the new multimedia
software installed as well and forced the connection with the tv, which does
show green so that should be okay. The bullseye of the monitor is pressed in
as well and I can't change that. Everytime i start the computer anew the tv
icon is red again and I have to alter it every time but nothing shows on my
tvscreen. With the previous driver, when I'd switched to tv display, the
monitor was black, now when I switch to tv display, the tv stays black and
the monitor doesn't change although the tv icon shows green.

I don't think it's a cable problem because then I couldn't have the tv icon
changed to green, could I? I'm having a pentium 3, 733MHZ, OS 98SE, ati
radeon 7500 with tv out.

Do I have to install another driver and if I do which one? Do I have to
change the multimedia center as well? in connection with that it takes ages
for the player to load, not a problem I had with the previous one.

thanks in advance

grayseal