Have to redo application profiles after driver update

Old September 18th 07, 08:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Folk

Default Have to redo application profiles after driver update

When uninstalling a driver prior to installing a new version, the
uninstaller used to ask if I wanted to save any existing profiles. It
no longer does that, so now I have to re-enter that data. Any idea
why the uninstaller no longer allows me to save my profiles?
Old September 18th 07, 10:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Folk

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:01:48 -0400, Folk wrote:

When uninstalling a driver prior to installing a new version, the
uninstaller used to ask if I wanted to save any existing profiles. It
no longer does that, so now I have to re-enter that data. Any idea
why the uninstaller no longer allows me to save my profiles?

NM. Found instructions on saving the profile data. I wonder though
why they removed that capability from the uninstall program?
Old September 18th 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Folk

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:21:08 -0400, Folk wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:01:48 -0400, Folk wrote:

When uninstalling a driver prior to installing a new version, the
uninstaller used to ask if I wanted to save any existing profiles. It
no longer does that, so now I have to re-enter that data. Any idea
why the uninstaller no longer allows me to save my profiles?

NM. Found instructions on saving the profile data. I wonder though
why they removed that capability from the uninstall program?

Well, now I'm not sure if the "save profiles" feature in Desktop
Manager saves information about application profiles. Can anyone shed
some light?
Old September 18th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Folk wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:21:08 -0400, Folk wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:01:48 -0400, Folk wrote:

When uninstalling a driver prior to installing a new version, the
uninstaller used to ask if I wanted to save any existing profiles. It
no longer does that, so now I have to re-enter that data. Any idea
why the uninstaller no longer allows me to save my profiles?

NM. Found instructions on saving the profile data. I wonder though
why they removed that capability from the uninstall program?

Well, now I'm not sure if the "save profiles" feature in Desktop
Manager saves information about application profiles. Can anyone shed
some light?

Nothing has changed in that capacity, however certain adulterated
forceware suites are abridged and do not have that dialog option, asking
if you wish to save nview profiles.

You do realize they are asking if you want to save nview profiles, not
application (game) profiles?

http://www.nhancer.com

Check it out.

Old September 19th 07, 07:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Folk

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:26:10 -0400, "Mr.E Solved!"
wrote:

Folk wrote:
[...]

Meh. I could have sworn that I have been able to save application
profiles before, but then again I'm old and therefore stupid. ;-)

http://www.nhancer.com

I've looked at that, but I'm only looking to control one game so
Nhancer seems like overkill. But thanks for the link... I'll keep it
in mind.