Now going to play Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 ! ;) :)

Old November 11th 09, 09:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,comp.games.development.design,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Now going to play Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 ! ;) :)

Seems I/my PC cannot play this game under these conditions.

The CPU temperatures rises to 45 degrees, even with 3 inlet fans spinning at
full speed, and 2 output and 1 big output fans spinning at full speed.

Motherboard temperature stays at 33 temperature.

I guess I will have to let the cpu temperature rise a bit further to 48
degrees or so otherwise I wouldn't be able to play without constantly
stopping.

Running fans at full speed even makes my table resonate ?! holymoly ?!

If I let cpu temperature rise to 48 degrees max then I can play with low or
medium air speed.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 11th 09, 10:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,comp.games.development.design,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Ok, with the door open and cold air coming in the cpu stays at 43 degrees
and motherboard at 30 remarkable !

Gonna close the door a little bit otherwise maybe losing to much heat...
room radiator/warming is a little bit warm.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 11th 09, 03:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,comp.games.development.design,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Ok,

I just finished single player Call of Duty 6 Modern Warfare 2.

It took me 6 hours and 22 minutes as expected.

I ate some candy today, and probably some bad food, so I feel a bit sick...
add some weird 3D stuff to it... and I am feeling a little bit sick... but
not to bad... so I am ok.
(I am also a bit tired lol been up 16 hours... have to sleep maybe 1 hour
and then get back up to go to dinner or so lol).

Now I guess I have to write a review of it.

Hmm...

I don't think this is a particular good game... and normally I don't write
reviews of "bad games or games I didn't particularly like"...

Though this game is so highly anticipated here is my review of it:
I am not gonna give any stars because I don't think it really deserves
it/them and I am now going to tell you why:
(ok one star for this game )

Yeah... do you want the good news, or the bad news first ?!?

Well I think you can guess the good news, so I am gonna start with the bad
news, no wait I am gonna start with the good news:

1. Graphics good.
2. Animations good.
3. Sound not so good, very little surround sound.. must be played on high
volume otherwise voices not very recgonizeable.
4. Music not so good and can't be turned off or lower.
5. Plenty of action.
6. Plenty of different scenes.
7. Plenty of different characters.
8. Plenty of different weapons/colors all of that.
9. Some new stuff which I won't spoil for you
(New stuff maybe not really required for a nice shooter but ok.)

Now the bad news:

1. I cannot make any sense of the story.
2. The guy from aliens does the voice... it's a nice voice... but keeps
reminding me of aliens which is kinda unsuiting and weird but ok. He would
have been right in place for avp2 or maybe not even that... because he is
old and dead (in the movie ) or something like that. Sorry dude !
3. The intro's were kinda boring and meaningless.
4. The game went from place to place without much links... it's pretty
disorienting...

I just cannot make sense of it except the nuclear strike thing.

I am going to give this game one star... for the effort...

But it's more or less over the top, same thing different jacket... a
beautifull jacket... but still same jacket.

I wonder if the game would have sounded better if I had a subwoofer or
bass.. but I don't think so..

Anyway...

What did I like about this game:

1. Fighting against the shield soldiers was kinda difficult and cool.
2. Walking with shields myself was cool, very cool. Almost a bit too cool ?
Like why the shield don't shatter after a while ?!
3. Fighting in the suburbs... the little huts and stuff... that was
difficult and cool/a challenge, that ai was smart and difficult to kill...
at first I didn't like it but then I liked it ! =D Especially all the
corridors and stairwars and roof tops pretty cool.
4. All the colors... it's very colorfull... very beautifull...
5. Attacking from the water was cool... and then going back into the
water... I wish the game had a bit more of that would have been cool ! =D
6. Fighting in the white house was kinda cool.
7. Fighting in the darkness in white house was cool.
8. Seeing then nuke from space was cool.
(A space battle would have been cool )
9. The heli's were cool...
10. Surprision fire from the tank and the voice was cool...
11. Shooting down rockets from predator was cool.
12. Having extra nades was cool.

What kinda surprised me:
3. No shotgun action... oh well I guess I played it safe I guess the
shotgun is getting kinda old... I don't miss it in this game

What did not surprise:
1. The airfield level... I already saw that on a video... and I saw some
other things on video too before playing the game... just a little bit here
and there.

When did I get sick ? :
1. Jumping down the wall... without spoing it to much and killing the guards
silently etc... that made me a bit sick... disorientation... but needs
getting used to I guess...

I don't know... maybe I am just getting to old for this stuff... I am more
into strategy games nowadays...

This game does have nice end credits... definetly must see.

I founded the menu lacking... many options missing, no 7.1 surround sound
support ? no music volume knob... no fps enable ?!? such basic things
missing is very strange...

I think the story of call of duty 4 was probably a bit more realistic and
easier to follow and understand... even that story was a bit whack...

But this new story is totally whack

I think there are a couple of major problems with this game that forces me
to give it a low sco

1. The story is too whack, too fragmented, too hard to follow... it makes it
a very bad game in my oppinion... strangely enough.

2. The voice from aliens is a bad fit I think...

3. The intro things for each mission are a bit whack... what's the use of
zooming in and out over the map all the time ?! a bit weird...

4. Sound could be... and should have been much better ? or is it my missing
gigaworks that made it less enjoyable... it's possible. Especially the first
missions less enjoyable because of it I think... but later I just cranked up
the volume...

Technically this game has been executed pretty well... there were some
hickups here and there but that's to be expected.. especially sinec I
alt-tabbed now and then... also sometimes it needed to load a bit but
nothing major.

I played on 1920x1200 and it played pretty damn smooth... even on a gtx 7900
with 512 MB !

Thank god for that ! =D

I am not sure if you can actually call this a game... it's more like
"fragments of scenes"... it's missing something essential... something that
should have bounded the story more together... therefore I am not sure if I
can call "Call of Duty 6" a game... it's very strange thing really... cod4
had it as well... but this game has it only it seems...

I am totally out of touch with the character or characters I am supposed to
be playing... I feel discounted with them... I feel like I have no
identity... I don't know who I am in the mission... I am just there...
shooting people... and that's pretty much it... only thing I do understand
is that I am always playing somebody else which is a bit whack ?! A bit too
whack ?!?

I hope for feature games that will go back to a single character or if
that's two boring then maybe two characters... however call of juarez was
kinda boring two with just two characters always fragging each other up the
ass...

I think I like the quake4 approach better... just stick with one
character... make it less over the top... have a nice story... where one
goes from level to level, from map to map... to kick ass do stuff...
whatever...

This "fragmented stuff" is getting to weird !

I like being taken from scene to scene... but gradually not like this... so
really weird. Can't say it enough...

The airfield scene does explain more or less why there is a war... but it's
also a bit silly...

Would russian really attack if something like that happened ?! just because
one wacky american did something bad... I would hope not ?!

Anyway seeing American under attack was pretty cool... I felt more like a
scene from "War of the Worlds" or so...

I think that could be a very good idea/path for the Call of Duty
franchise... The next Call of Duty... could be about fighting aliens in
"Call of Duty Invasion" or so =D

Then you can knock yourself out and go ape**** on all the futuristic weapon
stuff... special effects stuff... and all around the world stuff.

I would not be too surprised if the next or the one after that went on with
some kind of space theme...

I would highly recommend it... because that felt awesome ! =D

Just imagine:

"Call of Duty graphics and technical excellence" combined with "Alien
Invasion".

Like a as realistic as possible alien invasion ! =D

(Not some halo crap ! =D no silly looking creatures... but something
cool... maybe even something irri or creepy... or holy****
mother****errrrrrrs yeah =D !)

Could be all kinds of creatures really... more like all kinds of horror
creatures that like to attack from the dark.

This could be a very cool idea... It's like "Call of Duty 4/6" + "XCOM idea"
Except not the silly aliens from "xcom". (cod was succesfull, xcom was
successfull... a combination of it is surely gonna be successfull?! )
But it shouldn't be too setup like x-com... it should just take the player
by surprise... and the player should slowly learn what the hell is going
on... like we would experience in real life:

Like: "WTF" "Alien invasion ?!" "Holy**** wtf is going on ?!" "HOLY**** !"

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFES !" "HOLY**** WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GO"

I like this idea so much I am gonna post in special seperate thread to bring
it to attention

Not just aliens... also space tech... ofcourse robots and all that "crap"...
walkers like "wars of the world" whatever. Just cod style ! =D

Maybe even a fight on the mothership... to destroy it...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 11th 09, 05:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,comp.games.development.design,sci.electronics.design
mikea

In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus Skybuck Flying wrote:
Ok,

I just finished single player Call of Duty 6 Modern Warfare 2.

It took me 6 hours and 22 minutes as expected.

[lots of words, but nothing to say, deleted]

And this is related to ASUS mainboards, nvidia video cards, computer
architecture, and electronics design how, exactly? Never mind answering;
I won't be seeing anything more from you.

Does the term "Plonk!" mean anything to you?

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO

Tired old sysadmin
Old November 11th 09, 08:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,comp.games.development.design,sci.electronics.design
PeterD

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:55:29 -0600, mikea wrote:

In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus Skybuck Flying wrote:
Ok,

I just finished single player Call of Duty 6 Modern Warfare 2.

It took me 6 hours and 22 minutes as expected.

[lots of words, but nothing to say, deleted]

And this is related to ASUS mainboards, nvidia video cards, computer
architecture, and electronics design how, exactly? Never mind answering;
I won't be seeing anything more from you.

Does the term "Plonk!" mean anything to you?

And when you reply to him, that means that everyone else (other than
you!) gets some starbuck crap.

So...

plonk
Old November 11th 09, 09:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,comp.games.development.design,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Maybe that other dude/nagger, didn't like my review

Well so is live ! LOL =D

Welcome to the internet ! LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Old November 12th 09, 08:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,comp.games.development.design,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Ok,

Specially for him and people that don't wanna read a lot of text, here is
the short review after one night of sleep and thinking about it a little bit
mo

1. Call of Duty 6 does not have/benefit from the "better graphics effect",
Since it's the same kind of graphics from call of duty 4... at least on my
dx9 card... maybe dx10 or dx11 might be even more beautifull ?

So that takes away from the wow factor that cod4 had compared to bf2

2. Call of Duty 6 has a weak/fragmented story which makes it hard to follow.
It doesn't really feel like your playing a game... it feels like your
playing fragmented stories/scenes... that makes it weak in my oppinion.

3. Also some scenes a bit over the top... which gives it a bit a "yeah
right/whatever" feel to it
(This is minor complaint point though)

Therefore for now the game only gets 1 star. Surprising isn'it

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old November 13th 09, 02:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,comp.games.development.design,sci.electronics.design
Jim E[_6_]

b.home.nl...

)
But it shouldn't be too setup like x-com... it should just take the player
by surprise... and the player should slowly learn what the hell is going
on... like we would experience in real life:

Like: "WTF" "Alien invasion ?!" "Holy**** wtf is going on ?!" "HOLY**** !"

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFES !" "HOLY**** WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GO"

I like this idea so much I am gonna post in special seperate thread to
bring it to attention

Not just aliens... also space tech... ofcourse robots and all that
"crap"... walkers like "wars of the world" whatever. Just cod style !
=D

Maybe even a fight on the mothership... to destroy it...

Bye,
Skybuck.

thanks for the heads up mate!

Old November 13th 09, 04:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.arch,comp.games.development.design,sci.electronics.design
DRS

"Jim E" wrote in message
news
[...]

thanks for the heads up mate!

Will you please stop citing Sky****'s stream of unconsciousness,
*especially* when you're crossposting into groups that a) have nothing to do
with the subject and b) where all intelligent people killfiled the moron
years ago.

Thank you.

Old November 13th 09, 09:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.arch,comp.games.development.design,sci.electronics.design
Ken Hagan[_2_]

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 04:11:28 -0000, DRS wrote:

Will you please stop citing Sky****'s stream of unconsciousness,
*especially* when you're crossposting into groups that a) have nothing
to do with the subject and b) where all intelligent people killfiled
the moron years ago.

What you need is a newsreader that can kill an entire thread. Then you
could tell it to kill all threads started by Mr Flying, and any sub-threads
created by his replies.

Since Skybuck's behaviour is hardly an isolated phenomenon on Usenet, it
would be surprising if someone had not already implemented such a thing.