Parallel huffman encoding and decoding algorithm/idea by Skybuck for sale !

Old September 25th 09, 10:11 AM posted to alt.comp.compression,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Parallel huffman encoding and decoding algorithm/idea by Skybuck for sale !

Hello,

Today I invented a parallel huffman encoding and decoding algorithm which is
pretty much 100% parallel and very efficient.

(For now this does not include parallel building of the tree, nor does it
include parallel huffman code building... just parallel encoding and
parallel decoding (which is 99.9% of the work-load probably)).

I did a quick google and it's possibly not invented before.

Interested parties can contact me via e-mail at: skybuck 2000 @ hotmail .
com

I have two propositions for interested "buyers" of the idea:

1. You pay me one million euro's and I tell you my little secret But
before I tell you my little secret you must have payed me the one million
euro's and signed a contract that I am exempt from any lawsuits, patents
fees or whatever.

or

2. You pay me XX.000 euro's so that I can patent the invention. You shall
receive a "license" to the patent for a certain license fee... which could
be one big sum of money one time... or a steady small ammount of money for
each month or year or so.

This deal will be worked out in a contract so that we both get what we want:

You get the idea/technology or license/etc, I get lot's of money.

I am pretty sure the idea works... I will probably make a prototype just to
prove to myself and any interested parties that it works.

The whole deal will mostly be based on trust... you shall not have access to
source code or the idea's until payment and contract.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 25th 09, 11:58 AM posted to alt.comp.compression,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Ian Bell

Skybuck Flying wrote:
[...]

LOL. You won't get any takers for a deal like that. They'll happily sign
a confidentiality agreement before looking at what you have got, but no
one is going to part with any cash without seeing anything.

Cheers

ianb
Old September 25th 09, 12:04 PM posted to alt.comp.compression,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Ken Hagan[_2_]

I've invented the same idea, but I'm prepared to entertain offers of only
half a million euros. (Same terms as Skybuck. I haven't built a prototype,
I don't guarantee that it works, and I want your final payment up front
before I divulge anything.)
Old September 25th 09, 12:34 PM posted to alt.comp.compression,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Tim Shoppa

On Sep 25, 2:11*am, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Today I invented a parallel huffman encoding and decoding algorithm which is
pretty much 100% parallel and very efficient.

The French Knights say "We already got one, you see."

Tim.

Old September 25th 09, 12:57 PM posted to alt.comp.compression,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

"Ken Hagan" wrote in message
news
I've invented the same idea, but I'm prepared to entertain offers of only
half a million euros. (Same terms as Skybuck. I haven't built a prototype,
I don't guarantee that it works, and I want your final payment up front
before I divulge anything.)

I, Skybuck, am in no way associated with Ken Hagan, therefore Ken Hagan has
no access to my idea's what so ever, so I highly doubt any of his claims.

I, Skybuck, however am well known among newsgroups related to computer
technology and especially programming.

I, Skybuck, have posted many "test programs" for the Delphi programming
language, which usually always worked.

I, Skybuck, have also developed some software which can be tested/downloaded
from my website... google for UDP File Transfer or UDP Speed Test to see
some of my skills in action. That software is now rather old though... maybe
some day I will work on it some more.

I, Skybuck, have invented/re-invented and implemented many many many many
many many many many algorithms so I am no stranger when it comes to
inventing algorithm and implementation algorithms.

I, Skybuck, have a very good feeling which tells me if something/an
algorithm is going to work or not.

The point I am trying to make is that I am very serious about my invention
and that I am good for it.

When I say it's probably gonna work, then it's probably gonna work with
99.99% probability. As good as 100%.

However the proof is in the pudding as they say that's why I have 0.01%
doubts.

The doubt is not if it's gonna work, the doubt is about what will the
performance be.

Again my feeling says the performance will be high for large ammounts of
huffman encoding/decoding.

Interested buyers might be wondering why there is no prototype and why I
would still like to sell something, it's quite simple really:

1. First of all I invented it today so I had no time to develop a prototype
yet, developing a prototype is something that costs time, time I could spent
on doing other things.

2. Second of all I might not be the best person in the world to implement
the brilliantly simple idea/algorithm.

So a potential buyer could be a cpu or gpu manufacturer or a video codec
company or even a file compression company or even a game developer company
or even academic people doing research into parallel algorithms or anybody
else in the world that has experience, knowledge and skills when it comes to
"parallel computing".

If you are already very good at parallel computing/programming then buying
this idea/algorithm from me could be very interesting for you (and your
company if there is a company) !

After all these years of programming myself I know when I hit gold... and
this could be a big mine of gold just waiting for you to be mined/exploited.

For big companies with lot's of money and businness and market share at
stake I would urge them to seriously consider what I am proposing... for big
companies what I am asking for is really not that much... and for them it
gives them a piece of mind...

"We don't have to worry about Skybuck's invention anymore".

"We have it, we know it, we got it, we "own" it (license, maybe even
exclusive !), we can do with it whatever we want".

"We don't have to worry about competitors snatching it in front of our eyes
and laughing in our faces !".

"We can exclude the competitors from this technology by purchasing an
exclusive license !".

"We have this fresh piece of technology, it's gonna make as look funky !"

"It's going to make our chips and/or software incredibly fast when it comes
to huffman encoding/decoding - a very nice property to have !".

Is that the sound of money ringing ? I can almost feel the money raining on
my hands ! =D

You know what to do, contact me, skybuck, at:

skybuck 2000 @ hotmail . com

Better be safe than sorry !

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Old September 25th 09, 01:10 PM posted to alt.comp.compression,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

"Tim Shoppa" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 2:11 am, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Today I invented a parallel huffman encoding and decoding algorithm which
is
pretty much 100% parallel and very efficient.

The French Knights say "We already got one, you see."

Tim.

Maybe,

But I bet I have a much much much much better one !

Say with french accent pls !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 25th 09, 02:49 PM posted to alt.comp.compression,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Skybuck Flying wrote:
"Ken Hagan" wrote in message
news
[...]

I prefer Hagan's offer.

--
Dirk

Old September 25th 09, 04:16 PM posted to alt.comp.compression,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
DRS

"Dirk Bruere at NeoPax" wrote in message

[...]

I prefer Hagan's offer.

I prefer you don't cite 5k of **** to make a one-liner. Skydick is in my
killfile for a reason.

Old September 25th 09, 04:31 PM posted to alt.comp.compression,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Rich the Cynic

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:58:30 +0100, Ian Bell wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

Today I invented a parallel huffman encoding and decoding algorithm which is
pretty much 100% parallel and very efficient.

LOL. You won't get any takers for a deal like that. They'll happily sign
a confidentiality agreement before looking at what you have got, but no
one is going to part with any cash without seeing anything.

Cheers

Today I invented a device for transportation. It's called the "wheel".
Just send me five kazillion dollars, and you can be the first on the
patent gravy train!

;-)
Rich

Old September 25th 09, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.compression,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

Today I invented a parallel huffman encoding and decoding algorithm which is
pretty much 100% parallel and very efficient.

LOL. You won't get any takers for a deal like that. They'll happily sign
a confidentiality agreement before looking at what you have got, but no
one is going to part with any cash without seeing anything.

Cheers

Today I invented a device for transportation. It's called the "wheel".
Just send me five kazillion dollars, and you can be the first on the
patent gravy train!

I have a device for allowing people to walk through walls...

--
Dirk