Accidentally bought a Blu-Ray disc...

Old September 18th 07, 11:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.divx,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.video.divx
Mike J.S.

Default Accidentally bought a Blu-Ray disc...

I accidentally bought Nine Inch Nail's latest DVD without knowing it was a
Blu-Ray disc (I was distracted and the packaging wasn't as obvious as most
Blu-Rays). I can't find the receipt. I don't have a Blu-Ray DVDR and I've no
intention on ever getting one (I've been keeping up with the bevvy of crimes
Sony has been guilty of and I can't believe they're still legally allowed to
operate).

Is there anything I can do with my PC to convert this thing to normal DVD so
I can at least watch it, rather than just throw it in the garbage? And
what's the risk of being contaminated with a rootkit if I do that
(considering it's Sony we're talking about here)?

Part of me just wants to light it up and watch it burn slowly.

Old September 19th 07, 12:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.divx,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_3_]

In article ews.net, "Mike J.S." wrote:
I accidentally bought Nine Inch Nail's latest DVD without knowing it was a
Blu-Ray disc (I was distracted and the packaging wasn't as obvious as most
Blu-Rays). I can't find the receipt. I don't have a Blu-Ray DVDR and I've no
intention on ever getting one (I've been keeping up with the bevvy of crimes
Sony has been guilty of and I can't believe they're still legally allowed to
operate).

OFFS grow up!

Microsoft is the company that has been CONVICTED of crimes in both the US and
EU.

Is there anything I can do with my PC to convert this thing to normal DVD so
I can at least watch it, rather than just throw it in the garbage? And
what's the risk of being contaminated with a rootkit if I do that

OFFS #2

Old September 19th 07, 02:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.divx,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.video.divx
Stuart[_2_]

"Mike J.S." wrote in message
reenews.net...
I accidentally bought Nine Inch Nail's latest DVD without knowing it was a
Blu-Ray disc (I was distracted and the packaging wasn't as obvious as most
Blu-Rays). I can't find the receipt. I don't have a Blu-Ray DVDR and I've
no intention on ever getting one (I've been keeping up with the bevvy of
crimes Sony has been guilty of and I can't believe they're still legally
allowed to operate).

Is there anything I can do with my PC to convert this thing to normal DVD
so I can at least watch it, rather than just throw it in the garbage? And
what's the risk of being contaminated with a rootkit if I do that
(considering it's Sony we're talking about here)?

Part of me just wants to light it up and watch it burn slowly.

Simple answer - no you can't convert it simply unless you have a BlueRay
player (catch22) but you could put a Blue Ray player in your PC otherwise
eBay g or put it in the bottom drawer until you get one as I'm sure we all
will eventually...

Old September 19th 07, 03:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Parrôtt

Ebay the DVD and get some $$$ back to get the standard DVD or as Stuart
wrote, keep it and save some $$$ for a blu-ray for your PC

God Bless

reenews.net...

Old September 19th 07, 01:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.divx,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.video.divx
peter

IF you have NOT opened the package the store just might exchange
it..............the barcode will identify it as part of their stock.
peter
reenews.net...

Old September 19th 07, 11:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.divx,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.video.divx
DaveW[_4_]

You HAVE to use a Blu-Ray player to even read the disk for transposing, so
you are basically out of luck.

--
DaveW

reenews.net...