HP 2450 -- Poor Printer, Expensive Ink & Poon Online & Phone support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 31st 16, 02:52 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Default Hot Laser Printer

"Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney" wrote:
"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
In article ,
Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz wrote:

Besides the toner, the Samslung laser I had would heat the paper up so
hot
that it curled - amost too hot to touch when it hit the output tray.
A very small number of laser printers do that, the vast majority do not do
so
provided the user sets the driver up correctly.

Tony-

My problem is envelopes being sealed by the laser printer.

Envelopes printed on an old HP LJ 2605dn would stick, but the flaps
could easily be loosened.

Envelopes printed on a newer HP LJ Pro M451DN stick fairly tight. The
flaps can usually be pried open, but the envelope gets wrinkled and
sometimes it pulls up the surface of the paper.

I am printing from a Macintosh with the latest system. I looked through
settings in the printer's web server, but did not see anything that
might affect temperature.

Do you know of another way to adjust temperature? I am worried that it
might prevent toner from sticking to the paper if it was lowered too
much.

Fred

This is another problem with laser printers that we don't have with ink jet.

It is not a problem, it is improper use. Ink printers have their issues.
Tony