Problem with Kodak Printer

Old December 24th 09, 10:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Phil McCracken

Default Problem with Kodak Printer

My Kodak All in One 5100 printer was giving me some intermittent
problems after installing it on my new Dell with Windows 7, so I tried
to uninstall the software and reinstall it. Still problematic. So, I
tried to uninstall and reinstall a third time.

Now the driver won't load properly and in the list of "AutoPlay"
devices, "EasyShare AiO" (the POS Kodak software suite) is listed 3
times!

Is there a way of uninstalling Kodak AiO software altogether? I'm
thinking if I can get that accomplished, a reinstall might take care
of my problems.

Thanks for any assistance and Merry Christmas to everyone!

-Mark
Old December 24th 09, 11:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

Phil McCracken wrote:
My Kodak All in One 5100 printer was giving me some intermittent
problems after installing it on my new Dell with Windows 7, so I tried
to uninstall the software and reinstall it. Still problematic. So, I
tried to uninstall and reinstall a third time.

Now the driver won't load properly and in the list of "AutoPlay"
devices, "EasyShare AiO" (the POS Kodak software suite) is listed 3
times!

Is there a way of uninstalling Kodak AiO software altogether? I'm
thinking if I can get that accomplished, a reinstall might take care
of my problems.

Thanks for any assistance and Merry Christmas to everyone!

-Mark

uninstall the printer from add/remove programs.
then visit the site below to download the latest driver that is windows
7 compatible, v4.2.0.
http://www.kodak.com/global/mul/serv...duct=EKN033539
Old December 25th 09, 01:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Phil McCracken

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:07:10 -0500, Christopher Muto
wrote:

Phil McCracken wrote:
[...]

Christopher...

This is exactly what I've done. 3 times now. To no avail.
Thanks.

Mark

Old December 25th 09, 02:52 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

wrote:

Phil McCracken wrote:
[...]

you mentioned autoplay and that suggests that you were using a cd. if
that is the case then it is likely that your cd has an older version of
the software that is not windows 7 compatible. on the other hand if you
did download the latest software (and it is quite a large software at
250mb) then try contacting kodak. they have links on their site to talk
to support via 'live chat'. good luck.
Old December 25th 09, 03:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Phil McCracken

wrote:

Phil McCracken wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I think live chat is going to be what it takes. By the way, I'm
not using a CD, but the downloaded file from their website. I even
gave the "Clear Tool" (that they seem to keep a big secret) without
success. Reinstalling the EasyShare software reloads everything
except the driver, for some reason.

Thanks again.
Old December 25th 09, 02:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

wrote:

Phil McCracken wrote:
[...]

To me, sounds like a win 7 driver problem. Keep in mind windows 7
doesn't support every peripheral right now but does do many. Of
course in time it will work for more but not likely for very old
peripherals. Might want to check the device manager but I wouldn't
solely rely on what you see there.
Old December 26th 09, 04:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Top[_4_]

In article , says...

My Kodak All in One 5100 printer was giving me some intermittent
problems after installing it on my new Dell with Windows 7, so I tried
to uninstall the software and reinstall it. Still problematic. So, I
tried to uninstall and reinstall a third time.

Now the driver won't load properly and in the list of "AutoPlay"
devices, "EasyShare AiO" (the POS Kodak software suite) is listed 3
times!

Is there a way of uninstalling Kodak AiO software altogether? I'm
thinking if I can get that accomplished, a reinstall might take care
of my problems.

Thanks for any assistance and Merry Christmas to everyone!

-Mark

I have a Kodak ESP5 All in one and had the same problem. I had d/l the software & driver
from the website and still had problems. I removed the software via the control panel and
then removed the driver as well. After that Win 7 installed it's own driver and that ended
the problem. It might not work for you but after you remove the software via the control
panel you still have to remove the device driver as well through device manager.

Ed

--
For those who have trouble remembering the words for the song '99 Bottles of
Beer on the Wall', somewhere on the Internet there's a page with the
Old December 26th 09, 04:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Phil McCracken

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 23:24:46 -0500, Top wrote:

In article , says...

[...]

Maybe this is a dumb question but how did you remove the driver
through the device manager? (i.e. could you walk me through the
steps to do that?)

Thanks!
Old December 26th 09, 05:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Top[_4_]

In article , says...

[...]

In device manager double click on the device, click on the driver tab, at the bottom there
is a selection to remove the driver.

Ed

Old December 27th 09, 06:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Phil McCracken

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 12:46:43 -0500, Top wrote:

In article , says...

[...]

Thanks! Got it!

Kodak 5100 Printer Problem forex10 Printers 1 February 21st 08 12:55 PM
Kodak 8110 Printer Odie[_2_] Printers 0 February 13th 08 03:15 AM
New Kodak Printer questions theChas. Printers 14 January 18th 08 10:58 PM
Kodak printer review TJ Printers 3 November 20th 07 12:49 AM
Sorry....The printer is a Kodak XL 7700 LMG Printers 0 September 11th 04 07:02 PM